Higher core count is becoming more important.

For content creation, not for gaming.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

well..do you plan on buying all this used? cause on a full system the chances that you'd receive a defective part somewhere in the chain are pretty high IMHO...

but it's a well matched system that should play pretty much everything well...i would go with a better motherboard though...something on the 970 chipset. (not MSI g43 or g45 or g46 those are trash)

Yes i know if i buy used parts there is a high chance to recieve a defective part but if i wanna buy new parts it's gonna cost more but as i said I JUST CAN'T SAVE MORE MONEY.... Now,as we said I will go with the FX4300 and R9 270X but please give me a cheap as possible motherboard if possible under 50$ because of money problems again... And should i go with a AMD Athlon 760k 3.8GHz for even less money http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Processor-AD760KWOHLBOX-Richland/dp/B00D7BYMB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416385168&sr=8-2&keywords=amd+athlon+750k&pebp=1416385183096 or stick with the FX4300? :D

Can this motherboard go with a R9 270 and FX4300? http://www.amazon.com/MSI-A78M-E35-Bolton-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B00HGLX8J6/ref=pd_sim_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0H5VKKT6KAH04B3JE239

And IS IT NECESSARY to spend 40$ buy a new 430watt PSU because I already have a 230watt and as you know i want to minimize the money that i spend AND please give me a cooler for this CPU but as cheap as possible again ahahah

Yes i know if i buy used parts there is a high chance to recieve a defective part but if i wanna buy new parts it's gonna cost more but as i said I JUST CAN'T SAVE MORE MONEY.... Now,as we said I will go with the FX4300 and R9 270X but please give me a cheap as possible motherboard if possible under 50$ because of money problems again... And should i go with a AMD Athlon 760k 3.8GHz for even less money http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Processor-AD760KWOHLBOX-Richland/dp/B00D7BYMB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416385168&sr=8-2&keywords=amd+athlon+750k&pebp=1416385183096 or stick with the FX4300? :D

Can this motherboard go with a R9 270 and FX4300? http://www.amazon.com/MSI-A78M-E35-Bolton-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B00HGLX8J6/ref=pd_sim_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0H5VKKT6KAH04B3JE239

And IS IT NECESSARY to spend 40$ buy a new 430watt PSU because I already have a 230watt and as you know i want to minimize the money that i spend AND please give me a cooler for this CPU but as cheap as possible again ahahah

No that motherboard will not work. Something like this or this would be fine. There is no way in hell a 230w psu (probably the shittiest on earth) can power this pc. Don't cheap out on the psu, because if it fails, it can destroy your entire build. 

Just sell some old pokemon games or something for more money to put into your computer.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

No that motherboard will not work. Something like this or this would be fine. There is no way in hell a 230w psu (probably the shittiest on earth) can power this pc. Don't cheap out on the psu, because if it fails, it can destroy your entire build. 

Just sell some old pokemon games or something for more money to put into your computer.

Ahahaha i now i can't run this PC on this config it's too powerfull and I have a feeling if i put this PC on the 230watt PSU it would explode :'D

Well i actually have some older PC parts:

GPU AMD Medion Radeon X750X - L which is pure crap

CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0GHz also - pure crap

RAM 4GB 2X4 Sticks DDR2

PSU MS Platinum 400ATX P4

But i think i can sell them to someone somewhere for about 70-80$ which can pay off my CPU costs ALMOST  :D

Please tell me a place where I can sell old PC parts 

Ahahaha i now i can't run this PC on this config it's too powerfull and I have a feeling if i put this PC on the 230watt PSU it would explode :'D

Well i actually have some older PC parts:

GPU AMD Medion Radeon X750X - L which is pure crap

CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0GHz also - pure crap

RAM 4GB 2X4 Sticks DDR2

PSU MS Platinum 400ATX P4

But i think i can sell them to someone somewhere for about 70-80$ which can pay off my CPU costs ALMOST  :D

Please tell me a place where I can sell old PC parts

I don't really know much about uber low budget pc's. Sorry.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

No probs,I'll try to sell em to no-brained locals and friends to get at least 150$ out of it and cover my GPU and APU costs :'D

those games he mentionned are multi-threaded games and the G3258 even highly overclocked struggle with them and stutter a lot.

no battlefield run's like crap on a pentium his current config is better...a stronger GPU would be great and IMHO it would be worth saving some more to afford an R9 270 AT LEAST for GPU...but CPU choice is good for modern games in a budget rig if he can't afford the core i3.

I sorta agree with your statement but battlefield running like crap is a bit of a lie. My system is far closer to the specs his system then yours is. Battlefield 4 medium/high on a 750ti is still 60, not really dropping much and it's completely playable on 64 player siege.

Yes i know if i buy used parts there is a high chance to recieve a defective part but if i wanna buy new parts it's gonna cost more but as i said I JUST CAN'T SAVE MORE MONEY.... Now,as we said I will go with the FX4300 and R9 270X but please give me a cheap as possible motherboard if possible under 50$ because of money problems again... And should i go with a AMD Athlon 760k 3.8GHz for even less money http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Processor-AD760KWOHLBOX-Richland/dp/B00D7BYMB2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416385168&sr=8-2&keywords=amd+athlon+750k&pebp=1416385183096 or stick with the FX4300?  :D

Athlon 750k/860k would probably be a better option. with a Cheaper motherboard and more features on the motherboards with a better GPU will go a lot further.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

You know after building 5 builds. I realize that both amd and intel are damn near the same price once you put everything together.... So i'd go intel in general unless you do some graphics/video editing all day lol.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

FX6300 will just be better then the Petium blalala, in games that are optimized for 4 cores.

Since BF4 is one of those games. yes the FX6300 will be better.

The Athlon is also not the best choice because this cpu in particular lacks on L3 cache.

So back to the question, is the FX6300 the best cpu for the money, in this price range?

In my opinnion yes definitely.

FX6300 will just be better then the Petium blalala, in games that are optimized for 4 cores.

Since BF4 is one of those games. yes the FX6300 will be better.

The Athlon is also not the best choice because this cpu in particular lacks on L3 cache.

So back to the question, is the FX6300 the best cpu for the money, in this price range?

In my opinnion yes definitely.

hey it's been a while!

yes for those type of games like battlefield, CoD, crysis that are modern multi-threaded games and even most

of the open world games as well like watchdogs, dear rising and probably the next GTA will also use a lot of cpu threads...

i think in the long run the FX-6300 is a good choice.

But again when you factor in the cost for a ''good enough'' chipset 970 motherboard and a ''good enough'' cpu cooler to overclock

the thing you are within 10 to 20$ of a core i5-4440 and an h81 or b85 motherboard...which would be totaly worth it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

All I actually want to drop here is that the i3 is significantly better in GTA 4

gta4_1920n.png

Platform itself offers more interesting upgrades than AMD does, a 8350 isn't a particularly an interesting upgrade.