Best headphones from 50 to 100$?

DoctorHedegaard

Hello i am a newcommer to audio and i need a new pair of headphones. Do you have any suggestions?
I don't own an amp or sound card or anything along those lines. I am not a audiophile, so i if you tell me anything about the mids or lows or highs or whatever i won't understand it. The system that i use is a Asus Aspire laptop if that means anything. In the past i have used a Steelseries Siberia V2, and i was pretty happy with them, but now i am looking for a real pair of headphones and not a overpriced gaming headset. I'm going to buy a Modmic and use that to talk through.

I would prefer if the it was open headphones since i don't like when i'm not able to hear my self. The headphones don't have to be stylish, but it wouldn't hurt if i don't have to look like an idiot. I have allready looked at headphones like the AKG K 240, Superlux HD 681-Evo, Superlux HD668B, AKG K-272, and the AKG K142 HD. The last to is probably the ones that looks the most pleasing to me, but i'm not sure. So yeah... Can you come with any suggestions to what headphones i should get?  :)

Not sure if you watched our video *Shamless Plug* (Not that it really benefits me in anyway) but check this video out -

My vote goes for the 668B.

tek syndicate always do real good recommendations.

i also go 668b

But what if i am willing to go a little beyond that price tag. If i pay 50$ dollars more will that not give be a better headset? It probably won't be better in sound but shouldn't 50$ at least make the quality of the build better?

Currently using the Superlux 668b's and I've loved them. My only issue is that I have ears that stick out more than most so they do get uncomfortable after like 4-5 hours since they squish my ears. That and you can easily EQ out the treble and make them sound even better than they already do.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

How do the 668B compare to the 681EVO for gaming?  Only the older 681 was mentioned in the video.

Also, I have only heard gaming through headsets with Astro A50.  How would these compare to that?

Audio Technica TAD-500, $100 from Japan, beautiful open/semi-open headphones

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"