What are your opinion on the Fractal Design R4 Window?

Emoticon

I've been looking into some cases recently after getting quiet tired of the look and feel of my case. I've been looking into a few cases and the Fractal Design R4 Window seems to fit my needs the best.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=75045&vpn=FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL-W&manufacture=Fractal%20Design&promoid=1338

I'm looking for a case with a simple and sleek design that also doesn't look like a Dell from the 90's. Noise is also a big thing for me but I do not obsess over it like Linus.

If you have any opinions on this case or if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2044[/ATTACH]

Although I don't personally own one myself, I've heard many good things about the R4 and many satisfied customers. It is pretty quiet compared to most cases and if it has the right features for you, then I think you'll be very happy with the R4.

Same as above, don't own it, though I did almost buy it. Its a sweet looking case, and as far as i've heard, pretty silent.

You will be happy if you get it, i'll promise you that.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

R4 seems like a nice upgrade from the R3. I will be doing a new system build soon and the R4 seems like a reasonable and stylish choice

If I hadn't been on a "tight" budget I would've gotten an R3 back when I built my rig.

The R4 + silent fans + a silent hdd (ssd) = yes, please

It's a good case and is actually is worth the money you pay unlike other cases (Corsair 650D). Comes with good features, cooling and lots of room for cable routing and management. If you have the money for it, go for it as it's worth it.

I use the R3 for my current rig and I love the case despite some minor issues.

All the shortcomings of the R3 were fixed in R4 so I'd say it's a good buy.

I just rebuilt my rig into an r4, the one pictured above actually. Building in it was a dream. It's very quiet, and will keep high powered components cool. Highly recommended.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Very solid case, me and all of my friends have been using fractal cases ever since I took the plunge and bought my R3. Very well built and slick cases

Just bought the case... I don't regret it at all. The window is amazing and is well built. Both side panels have the sound dampening material (it makes the side panels pretty heavy). The interior is nice and roomy and comes with nice features. Both hard drive bays can be taken out and could fit a 240 rad in the front (ideal for water cooling). Keep in mind that if you want to mount a 240 rad on top that you might have some clearance issues with the rad+fans and the mobo. Luckily, you can offset the mounts and it should fit fine. It doesn't come with a lot of drive bays so if you need more than 2, I suggest you look for another case. The windowed version and the non windowed versions don't really make a difference in sound. I personally prefer the windowed version. Overall, it is a nice and solid case and you can't go wrong with it. It's price for the features it has is what makes it attractive. I HIGHLY recommend this case, you will not regret it at all. I give it a 5/5.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Recently bought this case, but it's still in it's box. It's for my upcoming build (date pending, stupid Haswell....). I will be sure to comment on my thoughts after I have started working with the case :)

I use the R3 for my current rig and I love the case despite some minor issues.

All the shortcomings of the R3 were fixed in R4 so I'd say it's a good buy.

i also own an r3 and its been a great case but i agree the r4 is better in every way, i wish there had been a windowed version of the r3 DX

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

buy it and dont think twice. fractal quality for the price is unmatched, i have the r3 and the r4 improves upon it in every way. i also have a node 304 and its a great case too

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)