Final Fantasy XV TechDemo Vol.1 is gorgeous

kraxe_tk

I doubt consoles could even manage 1fps at 240p  xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I like the style and the effects. I hope they make a decent PC port of it.

I doubt consoles could even manage 1fps at 240p  xD

Haha, the video did look a little dumbed down on in game footage.  Really sad thing for games that would be optimized for consoles at 30fps and 720p.  This is gonna be the trend, I guess.

hmm its actually worse then i thought it would be. Its great but there some things ive noticed, especially comparing to cryengine

• check the lighting effects, there is bloom, no lens flare, shadows from light sources static
  • hair doesnt create shadows
  • look in the hair in the car scene, some hair goes in the wrong direction
  • the face creation demo is pretty bad compared to nvidias.
  • over the top depth of field to counter the low anisotropic filtering(clever clever)
  • Girls face has no shadows at all(shes a beauty however)
  • note the rain, dry patchs didnt splash, the wet areas did however(also not impressive, sleeping dogs did the same thing and no one cared)
  • about the 1:39 mark a red flare kind of device is emitting smoke, thats a very bad smoke pattern you have there
  • skyrim water, the water is stagnant yet there are wave ripples going from right to left, if there was an object in the water such as the camera then ripples would go in multiple directions
  • Look at the car, note the jaggies
  • Note the pathetic shadow resolution that the car creates, its very jaggy
  • Grass doesn't blow left then right continuously don't be silly
  • Building resolution is lower then you would first expect, part of the buildings are higher res, another side is 240p, eg stop at 1:09
  • Clouds are higher resolution then the moon, also moon is bloody massive
  • While animations are nice they are not fluid, around the 2:42 mark, animations start suddenly, main attack rushed, ending of animation hangs for a second. Pacing seems off as a result.(for movement and attacks)
  • tech demo used rain on hair, it wasnt effective
  • skin stays dry

It seems pretty nice of course but after what ive seen from cryengine and unreal 4 this gets slaughtered. Great attempt for the consoles but i can see through the problems that you have faced, corners had to be cut due to the power limitations.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Haha, the video did look a little dumbed down on in game footage.  Really sad thing for games that would be optimized for consoles at 30fps and 720p.  This is gonna be the trend, I guess.

Yeah, whereas PCs are moving on to 1440p 120fps, 4K 60fps, etc..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W