Which Battlefield 4 Map pack?

Nathan

Looking into getting one of the expansions for battlefield 4, but dont want to buy one and find out its shit and nobody actually plays those maps. Thinking about second assault, thoughts? What are the ones to avoid

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

depending on which style of gameplay you like. My favourite is second assault because of metro. Tho other expansions have better guns (if thats importaint to you). What about the premium?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Just get premium, my favourite maps were on final stand. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I think second assault is one to avoid, dragon's teeth was excellent IMO, after that it is china rising or naval strike. 

I cannot say for sure about last stand but I think it will be my favorite.

Otherwise I would say go premium or go home, it is pretty cheap AFAIK, if not then just stick to the non DLC maps, the DLC maps aren't that common, any of them.  

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Looking into getting one of the expansions for battlefield 4, but dont want to buy one and find out its shit and nobody actually plays those maps. Thinking about second assault, thoughts? What are the ones to avoid

From my experience, any ones other than the Battlefield 4 maps and the latest expansion servers are pretty dead... I only had premium for PS4 so not sure about PC, but on there you could never get into a server for the oldest expansion; was also pretty difficult finding one for the ones before the latest... 

So, IMO get the latest expansion.

EDIT: Before i stopped playing, you could still get into Second Assault games pretty easily 

Dragon's Teeth and Naval Strike maps are the most popular DLC maps at the moment in my subjective opinion, but China Rising maps see quite a bit of play. Second Assault maps are a bit rarer to see outside of 24/7 Metro servers.

The last DLC is coming out soon(-ish), and that will undoubtedly be the most popular for some time. If you can only get one, why not just wait for that?

from my area(sea) premium are mostly dead server, just for some weapon skin and loading prio

-u probably can find a good deal for premium for 15-30usd

They all offer something a little different, my least favorite is Dragons Teeth but I cant say that one is even all bad. The final DLC is coming out soon so you may want to wait and see how that one is. Or just get premium, it's fairly cheap now.

Naval Strike was my favourite with Dragons Teeth being second however it might be worth holding off of final stand as that'll be out soon, it seems decent (after trying the alpha) and it'll have a lot of players being it'll be new. As others have mentioned though keep an eye out for a premium special as IMO its well worth it when you can pick it up for $15-30.

I would avoid China Rising. I've enjoyed second assault, dragons teeth, and naval strike.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Decided to just go ahead and get premium, i wasnt limited on money and could /only/ pick one, just didint want to bother with the not as played maps. 

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

Decided to just go ahead and get premium, i wasnt limited on money and could /only/ pick one, just didint want to bother with the not as played maps. 

Probably the best choice you could make. All the new maps have been pretty good, a few duds here and there though.