OC Genie II

Go to solution Solved by havok2191,

Use OC genie as a starting point. Once you have some software overclocks. Take that information and dial back on the voltage and do p95 blends and make sure the system is stable. Once you have a stable system with a lower voltage you can begin overclocking from the bios. From this point you can increase the voltage slightly and start increasing the bus multiplier until you find a sweet spot. You are not locked down after using OC Genie. Just make sure you uninstall the software once you have the max software overclock. 

If I use OC Genie to overclock my CPU and RAM, will I be able to use it as a stepping stone and add more voltage to get a better overclock. Or once I use OC Genie I am locked down.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Use OC genie as a starting point. Once you have some software overclocks. Take that information and dial back on the voltage and do p95 blends and make sure the system is stable. Once you have a stable system with a lower voltage you can begin overclocking from the bios. From this point you can increase the voltage slightly and start increasing the bus multiplier until you find a sweet spot. You are not locked down after using OC Genie. Just make sure you uninstall the software once you have the max software overclock.