Android Tablets?

1823alex

So I'd like to find an android tablet and I need it for cheap, so I'm wondering if you guys think a 1st Gen Nexus 7 32gb with a case for $30 or $40 is a good deal, or should I look for a different tablet or is the Nexus 7 WAY outdated by now, I just need something simple, light fast and preferably stock android so no Samsung's already had one and it was SOO slow after not even a month and the battery life on it is horrible.

Anyways thanks.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Well I'm still using my nexus 7 2012 and just updated it to lollipop and it runs soooo well. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The nexus 7 is a very good deal and still powerful enough. Stock android tablets are a little harder to come by than phones.

The nexus 7 is a very good deal and still powerful enough. Stock android tablets are a little harder to come by than phones.

Is the 2012 version still any good? It'd only cost like $30 or $40

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

it stutters quite a lot in general UI navigation for some reason, but when you actually need the power the Tegra 3 runs things pretty decently well

"Rawr XD"

I would get the 2013 version personally if it isnt too expensive for you, it has quite a few improvements.