Ubisoft Responds to Low Frame Rates in Assassin's Creed Unity [Updates]

ObscureMammal

Like I said above, I don't believe the game is optimized. I'm also not defending Ubisoft. 

Going by your post above: Why would the Crysis devs make such lush flora? Did they make it in the future with future hardware? Why would they do that? 

I also mentioned above (in post you directly quoted) that the PCper guys were assuming the code was OK and that current hardware was the bottleneck. They were assuming it was another Crysis situation. It has nothing to do with how poorly optimized the game is. 

As for things that may push current hardware, they are mentioned in the article: 

Again it doesn't help that these things have been (probably) poorly optimized. But if done well i'm sure it could tax a decent rig. 

Your sarcasm post was pointless...

The comparison was absurd. The original Crysis did not run on x86 consoles with 4x less GPU power on a single card. It was also mind blowing graphically for years after. 

Comparing Star Citizen to Crysis would be more appropriate. Star Citizen is not going to run on a severely underpowered console.

Guild Wars 2 would be a better freakin example than AC Unity. Hundreds of PLAYERS on screen, instead of mindless npc's with no real AI, computer exclusive that has no chance in hell of running on either "next gen" console. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm sitting here wanting to punch my monitor because these guys don't get it. The way the game looks does not justify the performance being tanked. One of the co-hosts implied that players should turn their resolution down to 900p instead of 1080p and it will run fine.

The video is from pcper.

Pcper was sponsored by Nvidia to promote the game by doing a livestream. Proof in below link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjqMMJF7vdQ

The comparisons they make with Crysis 3 are way off.... Why?

(1) Crysis 3 had better graphics than any other game in the market. So people knew that the game was utilizing the hardware to do something useful.

(2) When you turned Crysis 3 down to medium it would run smoothly on midrange hardware (and still look pretty). Basically the game scaled like it's supposed to although it was hard to max out...