budget overclocking ITX for G3258

Please help me choose from this ITX boards for G3258:
Asus Z87I Pro
Gigabyte H87N WiFi
Asrock H97M ITX/ac
..I'm on a tight budget but want to be safe for years to come. These are at same price, the Asrock just about $5 cheaper. I want to OC also the memory..and upgrade to the highest 1150 chip down the line.

go for a z97 board if you wanna OC, if you go for an h97 you will need to do a BIOS update to enable overclocking, dont go for neither h87 or z87

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

i would go for the asus, cos i love the brand and with a z seires board you can overclcok a 4770/90k

Edit:try get  Z97

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97mitxac

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

only the ASUS one lets you overclock on H87 so... get the asus one

asrock and gigabyte do too

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

i would go for the asus, cos i love the brand and with a z seires board you can overclcok a 4770/90k

Edit:try get  Z97

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97mitxac

I've used this board in an OC build before with the G3258; works great!  Got to 4.6ghz stable with ease and have had no issues since. 

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I've used this board in an OC build before with the G3258; works great!  Got to 4.6ghz stable with ease and have had no issues since. 

Nice, never used it but saw it on promo, looked like a good deal

First Build:

The cheapest Z97 I can have would be $24 more than  my options..which is MSI Z97I AC. Should I just sacrifice for it?

The cheapest Z97 I can have would be $24 more than  my options..which is MSI Z97I AC. Should I just sacrifice for it?

I am wouldn't know as I haven't used that board, but the AsRock board is really easy to OC and has great build quality.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

Cheaper, especially when it comes to buying PC parts, is generally not going to be better

it would be worth it, 90 series cpus dont overclock well on z87s, but you could just upgrade to a 4770k  

First Build:

The Asrock Z97 Anniversary ?

I haven't seen an itx version yet, I only know of atx and matx anniversary mobo.

I would say that first linked board is a no go. It will come with a inop DIMM slot 1 due to missing pin in the cpu socket. Being an itx board that leaves you with only one operational ram slot which means no dual channel and max 8 gigs which will not give you the years of use you are looking for.

I am interested in this thread as i am too looking for a cheap build around a pentium G3258 for my sons first gaming rig. Keep the advice rolling.