DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5 spacer.gif

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.023 / 20.479 spacer.gif

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 100,87 / 26,64 spacer.gif

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,2 / 18,6 spacer.gif

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 4,2 / 5,5 spacer.gif

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 14,8 / 13,5 spacer.gif

currently im with 20mb download and 1 mb upload 

can i get 24 mb with this line since my plan goes up to 24 mb 

i'm using a isp provided router for the iptv box and a tp-link for the internet since the isp provided router is a nightmare to config the port forwarding 

the isp provided router is a thompson tg784n 

and the tp link is a WR841N

thanks

Data rates go down with increased distance from the exchange.

Getting closer to 24mbps download would require you to be within 1km or lower.....say 850m-950m of the source.

1200m+ and higher and your looking at about half of the 24mbps datarates.

There isn't much you can do.

I'm about 900m away (give or take 100m) from my exchange, I sync @ 20-23mbps

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Getting closer to 24mbps download would require you to be within 1km or lower.....say 850m-950m of the source.

Recently the isp witch i have contract with  added a dslam to my area and by the line annuation using a dsl calculator  the loop of the cable is about 300m and i can see the dslam from my house but unfortunately is not directly connected in a straight line if it was i could get easily the 24 mb and also the outdoor lines have some years but inside of my house the cables have a year max and even the cable coming from the pole to my house also was changed anyway you think i should give a call to isp to see if they could increase the speed ?

^

DAT.

maximum range is about 4km or so and you get 1Mb/s at that distance. Also it's kinda not usable at those distances as it tends to ping high, cause problems etc. :)

Recently the isp witch i have contract with  added a dslam to my area and by the line annuation using a dsl calculator  the loop of the cable is about 300m and i can see the dslam from my house but unfortunately is not directly connected in a straight line if it was i could get easily the 24 mb and also the outdoor lines have some years but inside of my house the cables have a year max and even the cable coming from the pole to my house also was changed anyway you think i should give a call to isp to see if they could increase the speed ?

The only way to increase speed (maybe) is ask your ISP to turn interleaving off. (Google what ISP interleaving is)

Some ISP's allow you to select various 'speed profiles'

If I ask for interleaving off, my ISP says I'm then limited to 8mbps (but I'd have lower pings), with 3 people in this house, thats an unnacceptable speed, so I didn't bother and I keep my 23mbps.

My last ISP allowed the speed profiles, and I could change it myself on their website (after 15mins, ISP would apply it)

Turning 11mbps into 14mbps with interleaving off, local pings of 30ms were down to 17-22ms.

Interleaving off = Pings go down, speeds go up, stability goes down.

Something you'd have to ask.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The only way to increase speed (maybe) is ask your ISP to turn interleaving off. (Google what ISP interleaving is)

Some ISP's allow you to select various 'speed profiles'

If I assim. or interleaving off, my ISP says I'm then limited to 8mbps (but I'd have lower pings), with 3 people in this house, thats an unnacceptable speed, so I didn't bother and I keep my 23mbps.

My last ISP allowed the speed profiles, and I could change it myself on their website (after 15mins, ISP would apply it)

Turning 11mbps into 14mbps with interleaving off, local pings of 30ms were down to 17-22ms.

Interleaving off = Pings go down, speeds go up, stability goes down.

Something you'd have to ask.

My isp has these speed profiles 8mb 16mb 20mb 24mb and to change i have to call them and after the increase of speed the Snr value stays at least 10db they allow the increase otherwise they revert to the maximum speed with snr values of 10db or more