How Good is this for the price as an upgrade.

rpalmz46

Opened a forum the other day asking more or less about what i should upgrade on my pc and OriginalPromise suggested

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($112.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $502.90

On my pc now I have ,
CPU: AMD A-10 6700 3.7Ghz
GPU: Radeon R9 270x
Ram: 12gb
PSU: Corsair 650watt
HDD: 1tb no ssd

How good of an upgrade would this be thanks.

It's a pretty damn good upgrade overall but not so much in the gaming department. You simply need a stronger GPU most of all for gaming improvement.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Massive.  Absolutely massive.

Only thing I would change is maybe a smaller SSD, and a more powerful GPU if you can afford, but the R9 270X aint bad by any stretch of the imagination.  At least with the i5 it sets you up for a more powerful GPU down the road.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Don't expect a major MAJOR upgrade (at least in games), but it gives you the benefit of a much better platform to build on when you upgrade your GPU.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Massive.  Absolutely massive.

Only thing I would change is maybe a smaller SSD, and a more powerful GPU if you can afford, but the R9 270X aint bad by any stretch of the imagination.  At least with the i5 it sets you up for a more powerful GPU down the road.

Yeah I've had good experiences with the R9 270x overall on games that don't require much cpu power

Yeah more or less I want more stable frames more then anything because because in bf4 now i get 70-90 fps but then after like 20 mins of gaming gets chopped down to 28 ish and stays at that but my gpu is only using 55% of its power according to MSI so originally i thought something was bottlenecking it now wondering if it is my hdd because of how slow it scored on windows experience index.

get a more powerful GPU

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I more or less just bought my gpu so i would like to leave that for a little while if i can because then it leaves me time to test out this setup and see how noticeable of an increase in performance i get on most games, i also play games like dayz and stuff and ive been told there more cpu intensive games and thats one of the reasons I would like to be able to upgrade my cpu.

Yeah more or less I want more stable frames more then anything because because in bf4 now i get 70-90 fps but then after like 20 mins of gaming gets chopped down to 28 ish and stays at that but my gpu is only using 55% of its power according to MSI so originally i thought something was bottlenecking it now wondering if it is my hdd because of how slow it scored on windows experience index.

In the meantime try overclocking your CPU?

Especially in a game like DayZ you are going to really notice a difference.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

In the meantime try overclocking your CPU?

Especially in a game like DayZ you are going to really notice a difference.

Yeah I feel like i should upgrade my cooler before i attempt a cpu overclock though because when it starts up on games like bf4 its really loud and dont want to burn it out of course.

BF4 multiplayer is very demanding of the CPU and I think this upgrade will help a lot in that particular game (even if its less dramatic in most others).

The Windows Experience Index is basically meaningless. HDD performance may hinder loading times, but nothing it does will affect framerates.

BF4 multiplayer is very demanding of the CPU and I think this upgrade will help a lot in that particular game (even if its less dramatic in most others).

The Windows Experience Index is basically meaningless. HDD performance may hinder loading times, but nothing it does will affect framerates.

Yeah i figured it was just thought id throw it out there to see if it was relevant.