Minimum HDD operating temperature?

PhilBoisvert

So I plan on re-using my Ipod classic in my car for my music. It would stay in the car permanetly plugged in the radio (so no worries about the battery). The thing is... I live in Montréal and in the winter the temperature can sometime go down to -35 celcius. Is it safe? the screen is not an issue either because I would navigate through my library with the radio. 

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

You should be good since it's flash storage, however, I am no professional so I am not 100% certain. 

You should be good since it's flash storage, however, I am no professional so I am not 100% certain. 

The ipod classic has a 160gb HDD, it is not flash storage

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

classic is a mini harddrive. I'm not sure what the minimum temp is though.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

i left my ipod in the car in the summer several times and it had 40+ degrees Celsius sometimes and it still works, so -35°C shouldn't be a big deal either

i left my ipod in the car in the summer several times and it had 40+ degrees Celsius sometimes and it still works, so -35°C shouldn't be a big deal either

A delta of 75 celcius is pretty big imo... it really is not the same thing. Remember that water lubricant in beering can freeze too.

The ipod classic has a 160gb HDD, it is not flash storage

Oh damn, I highly doubt it will be able to operate in those temperature then.

During a winter overclocking session my HDD wouldn't boot at around 2 celsius. So I don't think it will function at all at negative 35. Stick in the freezer and see if it can survive