OCZ ZT series PSU's and Haswell

KJaboski

Basically just want to know if anybody already tried out paring up haswell based system with ocz's ZT series psu? Just want ot know if it is compatible with the infamous c6/7 states of power saving because I'm planing on getting haswell cpu and I happen to have the ZT 750... I have emailed OCZ customer support asking if they have already carried out tests on these (because if you have a look at their website  

http://ocz.com/consumer/psu/intel-haswell-ready-psu  just like anyone else they have the "Haswell Ready" mark on few of these and ZT series are not on it) and this is what they have responded with :

I have no date yet for further testing results. However, you may check this page for updates: http://ocz.com/consumer/psu/intel-haswell-ready-psu

Officially I can’t say yet if it’s compatible with Haswell or not, however, as ZT’s technology is pretty close to other positively tested PSUs my guess is that it will work just fine. That, however, is just my personal guess and not an official statement

Now, I know that most of motherboards will have the feature to disable these states, but I just want to know in advance before I commit to the build.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

It probably won't get an official "Haswell ready" certification being a group-regulated design with medicore voltage regulation, but it should be fine regardless. This incompatibility thing is hardly an issue at all in most cases, as long as you don't have a ridiculous amount of USB devices connected and charging at all times.

Edit: My bad, having scanned through TPU's review I had assumed it was group regulated, but as quan said below it isn't.

Thanks for that encouraging test results. I guess I will have to put it to the test as the new platform is already in the mail. Somebody should send this test results over to OCZ, that might save them the hassel. 

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

<p>Just so if somebody else will be in the same situation as I was, I can confirm that the OCZ ZT 750 is runnig flowlesly with i5 4670k at full load and total idle so no issues what so ever regardng the unoficial suppor that OCZ dose not list on their website. ( At least at the moment of writing) </p>

Thanks to

christoi

and

quan289

for your replays.

what are the specs the pc you have it running in?

Sorry mate did not know you have replayed on this topic.

Its i5 4670k on msi z87 gd45 gaming with avexir 1600mhz 2x4gb ram and gtx 650ti. also 1 sdd and 1 hdd. 

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Just so if somebody else will be in the same situation as I was, I can confirm that the OCZ ZT 750 is runnig flowlesly with i5 4670k at full load and total idle so no issues what so ever regardng the unoficial suppor that OCZ dose not list on their website. ( At least at the moment of writing) </p>

Thanks to

christoi

and

quan289

for your replays.

Thank you for sharing, I'm in the same boat as you. But I have a OCZ ZT 650W. I ordered an Asrock 1150 board with Haswell i5 4670k. The lowered wattage of the power supply should work on this, don't you think? I don't think the specs are any different other than the wattage and some missing plugs on the back.