battlefield 4 stutter and fps drops

Go to solution Solved by Snickerzz,

ok after a very long time i managed to actually buy the game but the problem remains! 

lol i think its imposible to set it at 4k when i have 1080p monitor. and framerate isnt an issue but the random stuttering and lag spikes are...

yes i use mantle and gpu drivers, win 7 ultimate 64bit, i tried with and without it and its the same :/

in the origin client, go to settings and disable origin ingame. Ive heard its helped others on the bf4 subreddit

Hello!

i have installed bf4 when i got game time and i went in the game and emeditely it started stuttering and lagging every 5-10 seconds, and sometimes when i look around my mouse and sometimes even my fricking keyboard stops working and when the stutter is gone it teleports it to location where i moved the mouse and i get fps drops from 80 to 10 and this is really annoying since i have only 7 days to play and i just wasted one to try to fix this and i didin't even find a solution which is why i came here to see if somebody has a solution which would be much appritiated

sorry for bad english and thanks!

• CPU - I5 4690k 4.4GHz-----Motherboard - MSI Mpower max-----RAM - 2X8GB Hyper X Fury 1866mhz-----GPU - MSI GTX 970-----Case - corsair 750D-----Storage - WD 1TB-----PSU - corsair RM850-----2X Samsung S24D590PL

SNIP

PC Specs?

I have stuttering in BF4 but only when my ram is being maxxed out

check your drivers are all up to date too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Detailed list of Your PC Parts is required.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

280X 

i5 3450

8 gb ram 

z68xp-ud3 

rm850

drivers are up to date

ram usage is 4,5gb 

• CPU - I5 4690k 4.4GHz-----Motherboard - MSI Mpower max-----RAM - 2X8GB Hyper X Fury 1866mhz-----GPU - MSI GTX 970-----Case - corsair 750D-----Storage - WD 1TB-----PSU - corsair RM850-----2X Samsung S24D590PL

my go-to response about bf4 problems;

i had similar problems, the only thing i found to fix it, is really simple.

got to your bf4 doc (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and go to properties of Bf4 and Bf4_86. go to compatibilities and select execute as administrator. do this on both. and i did it for origin too.

didnt had any fps loss after that.

good luck.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

my go-to response about bf4 problems;

i had similar problems, the only thing i found to fix it, is really simple.

got to your bf4 doc (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and go to properties of Bf4 and Bf4_86. go to compatibilities and select execute as administrator. do this on both. and i did it for origin too.

didnt had any fps loss after that.

good luck.

still didin't help :C

When your in a game minimize it and look at your browser and see if you have the battlescreen up. It will look like the map of whatever map you are playing

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

When your in a game minimize it and look at your browser and see if you have the battlescreen up. It will look like the map of whatever map you are playing

i only have battlelog on multiplayer tab opened is that what you were talking about?

i only have battlelog on multiplayer tab opened is that what you were talking about?

no. If thats all you had then the problem i was thinking of isnt the one you have

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

oh now i know lol no its not opened

Whats your ping? And what is your network smoothing thing?

Whats your ping? And what is your network smoothing thing?

Since i already see where you are going with this i don't have and network problems and i play normally on bf3 i don't see web bf4 wouldn't Work also the same thing is happening on test range so ping isn't really a problem

Since i already see where you are going with this i don't have and network problems and i play normally on bf3 i don't see web bf4 wouldn't Work also the same thing is happening on test range so ping isn't really a problem

Also this is my different account so don't think some random guy came in and started talking lol

Also this is my different account so don't think some random guy came in and started talking lol

lol i was like who the hells this :D

Maybe check and see if you have the reso at like 4k lol

Did you try Mantle? What OS do you have? 

Do you have MSI Afterburner running by any chance? Some people reported issues with it on BF4 forums.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

• 3 weeks later...

ok after a very long time i managed to actually buy the game but the problem remains! 

lol i was like who the hells this :D

Maybe check and see if you have the reso at like 4k lol

lol i think its imposible to set it at 4k when i have 1080p monitor. and framerate isnt an issue but the random stuttering and lag spikes are...

Did you try Mantle? What OS do you have? 

Do you have MSI Afterburner running by any chance? Some people reported issues with it on BF4 forums.

yes i use mantle and gpu drivers, win 7 ultimate 64bit, i tried with and without it and its the same :/

in the origin client, go to settings and disable origin ingame. Ive heard its helped others on the bf4 subreddit

i dont know why didn't i remember this earlier since i know that in bf3 you got 1-2 fps if you leave it on, anyway thanks! :D it is working for now i will check back later after some games to mark it as solved if i don't have any issues!