[US-Newegg] Backlit mechanical keyboard for $65 (Cherry MX Blue)

dylan43270

I am not a big fan of green or red lights, but they are Cherry MX Blue switches.

Rosewill Helios RK-9200BU

It was on sale for $79.99 but now there is a 20% off promotion code RWMAILBZ that ends on 11/18, which pretty much makes this the cheapest Cherry Mechanical keyboard with backlighting.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I read illuminati :| 

thats what i thought aswell

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

thats what i thought aswell

Is that better?

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Is that better?

Yep... HALF LIFE 3 Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Reminds me of those old Dell Keyboards.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Is that better?

No! Back to illuminatied keyboard! 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

bumping this since it is now on more of a sale.

I got a few of the non-back lit versions of these for $40 a month or so ago and the quality is actually pretty good.

I'm still not sure what to think of the key switches though... They say they are Cherry MX's and have a blue stem, but they don't feel like any of the other MX blue keyboards I have. A little softer and less click noise, I actually prefer it, but I do wonder if maybe they are the bad binned ones? There is also some inconsistency in the feel of keys from one to the next. However, for $40 I really can't complain too much.

There are also quite a few complaints about the mini USB connection being flaky, but I haven't had any issues with mine yet. I assume it was people who moved the keyboard around a lot and the cable was caught or something...

I already have a non backlit version as well, but I did not get it even close to $40 ( I believe I paid more than what this is at). I would suggest taking off the keycap and seeing if it says Cherry on it. I know Rose will also sells one with Alps switches that are supposed to feel like MX Blues.

I am thinking about taking that one to my work and get me one of these for at home since it has media keys.

I already have a non backlit version as well, but I did not get it even close to $40 ( I believe I paid more than what this is at). I would suggest taking off the keycap and seeing if it says Cherry on it. I know Rose will also sells one with Alps switches that are supposed to feel like MX Blues.

I am thinking about taking that one to my work and get me one of these for at home since it has media keys.

It does say Cherry, the switches look identical to my other keyboards.

I read that the keyboard dosent have on board memory profiles leading to LED lighting being reset back to zero after computer switches off. Is there a way to resolve this solution?

What?

That's a pretty sweet deal, I might pick one up.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I read that the keyboard dosent have on board memory profiles leading to LED lighting being reset back to zero after computer switches off. Is there a way to resolve this solution?

I am getting mine delivered tomorrow, so I would not know for sure a workaround for it yet, but I am not much for custom mapping different keys.

I am getting mine delivered tomorrow, so I would not know for sure a workaround for it yet, but I am not much for custom mapping different keys.

Well if anyone does have a solution, that would be great.

What?

Since this thread was bumped back up, figured I would share that one of the keys on my non-backlit model broke already a couple of days ago...

The switch will not return to normal position after being depressed, you have to pull it back up. It is the right arrow key which does not get used very often, so its not a huge deal, just makes me a bit more sure that these are low binned Cherry switches or something. Could have entirely be co-incidence though.

Since this thread was bumped back up, figured I would share that one of the keys on my non-backlit model broke already a couple of days ago...

The switch will not return to normal position after being depressed, you have to pull it back up. It is the right arrow key which does not get used very often, so its not a huge deal, just makes me a bit more sure that these are low binned Cherry switches or something. Could have entirely be co-incidence though.

I would contact Newegg (or wherever you bought it) or Rosewill directly to see if they can get that replaced/repaired for you. Do you have the RK-9000 model (the one with the red metal inner chassis)? 

I would contact Newegg (or wherever you bought it) or Rosewill directly to see if they can get that replaced/repaired for you. Do you have the RK-9000 model (the one with the red metal inner chassis)? 

Yeah it is the RK-9000. I'll see what happens with the RMA, I just don't want to send it in and they refund me the purchase price as $40 is still good for a mech with one broken key.  :P

A little bummed though, its on a spare computer that gets used for 15 minutes a day or so, barely any typing on it so I'm not very hopeful they will last for an extended duration. But again, could have just been a co-incidence... I had a key go out on my K90 as well, perhaps I'm hard on them somehow?

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

If only it were browns