Help me choose an All-in-one Watercooling kit. I don't know too much in this area.

As always, when I'm stumped on choosing a product I come here. My dilemma this time is what all-in-one watercooler I should get.

I will be running an FX-8350 OC that I will be getting this Christmas. This will be my first all-in-one that I will have ever seen irl, hell I have never seen a watercooled set up ever irl.

I am looking for around $120 (don't really want to go any higher). I was looking at the CORSAIR H105 but I have no experience with watercooling all-in-ones. 

Open so suggestions. As well, I'm not afraid to modify my case to make a cooler fit. I’m a little cramped on space but I should be able to fit a 270mm x 120mm cooler in the top of my case (AZZA Solano 1000 Black).

(Spaced txt out so it’s easy to read)

Note: I'm doing multi-threaded workloads, gaming is in my side time so Im not too worried about my choice of CPU, Just cooling it.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Are you sure about getting a 8350? Because your gonna spend more to OC by WC it than buying a unlocked i5 with AC to OC it............

But to answer your question, a H105 would be fine. But i prefer a H220/240X because of it's price/feature ratio.....

I would reccomend a I5/xeon no after market cooler, It will be lot more performance gaming, in particular i would say i5-4690/70k. If you are set on what you want check out the Kraken Lineup of cooler, X41 is a 140mm AIO and beats a H100i (220mm AIO)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I recommend spending that money on a more powerful CPU, but it's your choice

About the cooler, both the Corsair H105 or the Corsair H100i are good choices, they have a dual-fan radiator, if you prefer a one-fan radiator, I think the Corsair H80i is really good.

Hope I helped!

dude what

any top rated corsair, coolermaster, swiftech, or noctua (air) cooler will do fine.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

What everyone else says.  Don't buy the FX8.  You will end up spending more money trying to overclock the FX8 than you would if you bought a locked i5 or an unlocked i5 without CPU Cooler(can be added any time for cheap) and it won't perform nearly as well.

Also, that case does not have room for good water cooling.  You would only be able to fit a 120mm AIO, and they don't perform well at all compared to their less expensive Air Tower counterparts.

Your best option is to buy an i5-4690k + Z97 motherboard + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I recommend spending that money on a more powerful CPU.

I would reccomend a I5/xeon no after market cooler, It will be lot more performance gaming, in particular i would say i5-4690/70k.

Are you sure about getting a 8350?

I have been looking at this CPU for a bit now, A friend has it and it performs much better than my Phenom ii 1090T, Maybe not so much in gaming but I do a good amount of video editing where I was looking at those 8-cores, and getting them to about 4.6-4.8GHz.

Im liking the looks of the Kraken x41, As well I am now looking at the Kraken x61 tho it is a bit over my price range.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Just a note that I am mostly doing multi-threaded work on my PC, Did not think I would have to include that but since you guys don't like my choice in CPUs.

Hmmm, ask @Faceman about xeons those are good for video editing and will do just fine in games.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Just a note that I am mostly doing multi-threaded work on my PC, Did not think I would have to include that but since you guys don't like my choice in CPUs.

What programs in particular?  Also, will you be gaming?  If so, what kind of gaming? You should consider a Xeon or an i7 if you are doing a lot of multi-threaded work.  Also, give this a read:

If you enjoy games like MMOs(ArcheAge, WoW, Guild Wars2, etc..) DayZ, ARMA2, ARMA3, Indies, Emulators, etc.. the FX will be unplayable unless you think 10-15fps is acceptable.

The i3 even beats the FX8 in the majority of games.

Benchmarks:

http://www.hardcorew...-4340-review/2/

http://www.hardwarep...8-games-tested/

http://www.tomshardw...cpu,3929-7.html

http://www.anandtech...w-vishera-95w/3

"To put it nicely, the FX-8370E is a true middle-of-the-road CPU. Using it only makes sense as long as the graphics card you choose comes from a similar performance segment.

Depending on the game in question, AMD’s new processor has the potential to keep you happy around the AMD Radeon R9 270X/285 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or 660 Ti level.

A higher- or even high-end graphics card doesn’t make sense, as pairing it with AMD's FX-8370E simply limits the card's potential."

"The FX-8370E stretches its legs a little in terms of minimum frame rates, particularly in SLI, however it is handily beaten by the i3-4330."

i5-4670k Vs. FX8350 Aggregate Comparison

You should read through the link above, but here is the conclusion.

"Conclusion

If you've made it this far, congrats and thank you very, very much for reading. I appreciate it genuinely.

Okay, so let's conclude. Yes, Intel won 5-2, but that's meaningless. Looking at benchmarks for the sake of looking at benchmarks doesn't

help us. What helps us is seeing where the 4670K wins massively and where the 8350 wins massively. 

Gaming

In gaming, the 4670K wins. This is said by Linus, said by AnandTech, said by Bit-Tech, said by Tom's Hardware, said all around the internet

except for at Tek Syndicate. If you are going for a gaming PC, go with the 4670K.

Video Editing and 3D Rendering

Yes, there are benchmarks where the 8350 beats the 4670K, however, what is important is that these two are almost neck and neck.

Some sites have the 8350 ever so slightly faster, some have the 3570K/4670K as ever so slightly faster. At the end of the day, it's too close to call.

However, the extra IPC that Haswell offers should help in a wider variety of situations, so I would award this to the 4670K. 

Calculations

This one goes to the 8350 which demonstrates a higher performance with calculations throughout due to its higher core count. It beats Intel convincingly

in most calculation benchmarks. 

So, what does this mean?

This has been said in the introduction, but I will say it again. I am not an Intel fanboy, which is why I went out to research instead of screaming that Intel

is better. I have suggested AMD in the past, their Athlon 64 was better than the Pentium 4, their Athlon 64 x2 was better than the Pentium D. However,

I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts. 

If you're an AMD fanboy, you're not going to like it, but Intel's 4670K is better than AMD's 8350. Regardless of however you look at it, in most situations,

the 4670K wins, but it isn't just that, its far superior IPC gives it such an advantage in most every day tasks, which are mostly still single-threaded. 

The AMD 8350 is good for certain workloads, but apart from those workloads, it is simply terrible. Its IPC, which is weaker than the i7 920's, which is

5 years old, is simply too weak to put it as any sort of real competition to the 4670K. 

I hope that this clears up some of the misconceptions here. Yes, AMD had their time, their Athlon 64 was better than the Intel Pentium 4, however,

those days are well and truly over. If, in this day and age, you recommend an AMD processor for any usage apart from calculations, you are either

being a fanboy or just plainly ignorant of the facts which say that the 4670K is superior. 

Of course, this is not to say that nobody should use AMD, but, if you suggest an AMD build for someone else, especially if you suggest an 8350

against a 4670K, know that you are suggesting a worse option, especially for a gaming PC. To argue that the 8350 is competitive with the 4670K

across the board is delusional and just plainly wrong. Yes, you are wrong. 

So that's it guys, for most people, the 4670K is the better option compared to the 8350 and the information shows it. 

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read my little article. I hope I have helped you see what the statistics say about these two processors.

I appreciate you taking the time to read what I have written. Cheers :)"

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

As always, when I'm stumped on choosing a product I come here. My dilemma this time is what all-in-one watercooler I should get.

I will be running an FX-8350 OC that I will be getting this Christmas. This will be my first all-in-one that I will have ever seen irl, hell I have never seen a watercooled set up ever irl.

I am looking for around $120 (don't really want to go any higher). I was looking at the CORSAIR H105 but I have no experience with watercooling all-in-ones. 

Open so suggestions. As well, I'm not afraid to modify my case to make a cooler fit. I’m a little cramped on space but I should be able to fit a 270mm x 120mm cooler in the top of my case (AZZA Solano 1000 Black).

(Spaced txt out so it’s easy to read)

Note: I'm doing multi-threaded workloads, gaming is in my side time so Im not too worried about my choice of CPU, Just cooling it.

Stay away from that 8350 and get an Intel. Seriously, AMD has been sitting on their asses for far too long and it's just not powerful enough these days. Even it's toaster-younger-brother the 9590 is starting to bottleneck hardware. You'd be better off getting a Devil's Canyon CPU and water cooling it.

Stay away from that 8350 and get an Intel. Seriously, AMD has been sitting on their asses for far too long and it's just not powerful enough these days. Even it's toaster-younger-brother the 9590 is starting to bottleneck hardware. You'd be better off getting a Devil's Canyon CPU and water cooling it.

Might want to re-write your BIO.

Might want to re-write your BIO.

Funny you mention that, I was just remembering that my bio was a bit AMD-fanboyish. You're absolutely right, ;) I'll go change it right now...

Funny you mention that, I was just remembering that my bio was a bit AMD-fanboyish. You're absolutely right, ;) I'll go change it right now...

Just a tad =D

Just a tad =D

Yep... you've no idea how old that bio is... I was a sick person back then...

ok, i5-4670 it is and the new price causes me to stick with my current air cooler, how do you guys think the cooler master hyper 212 plus will handle this overclocked? and if you want throw some sub $160 mobos at me (ATX, 2 usb3 on back, and at least 3 PCI-e for a duel card, a single card, and future upgrades). I need to get to bed its 4am for me. I'll be back later.

Ohh and after effects and premiere pro are my choice of editing software.

Gaming wise, BF3 mainly now until something that sparks interest comes out. kinda dull for me in the gaming field lately. prob only about 5-9 hrs of gaming a week.

And Ill just throw this out there, If you want to suggest anything else Im trying as hard as I can to stay under $400 total. I am paying half for half my Christmas gifts this year cus Im expensive, And all im getting is what we are talking about right now (CPU,Mobo, and possibly an AIO (to try and stay in topic xD)).

ok, i5-4670 it is and the new price causes me to stick with my current air cooler, how do you guys think the cooler master hyper 212 plus will handle this overclocked? and if you want throw some sub $160 mobos at me (ATX, 2 usb3 on back, and at least 3 PCI-e for a duel card, a single card, and future upgrades). I need to get to bed its 4am for me. I'll be back later.

Ohh and after effects and premiere pro are my choice of editing software.

Gaming wise, BF3 mainly now until something that sparks interest comes out. kinda dull for me in the gaming field lately. prob only about 5-9 hrs of gaming a week.

And Ill just throw this out there, If you want to suggest anything else Im trying as hard as I can to stay under $400 total. I am paying half for half my Christmas gifts this year cus Im expensive, And all im getting is what we are talking about right now (CPU,Mobo, and possibly an AIO (to try and stay in topic xD)).

Go for the "k" unlocked processor so you can overclock. For motherboard, check out the Asus Z97-AR. The 212 EVO is an excellent CPU cooler.