Different GPU Manufacturers

IMPERIUS

Hi!

Are there any significant differences between the same gpu e.g. 270x manufacturers?

Thank you

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Cooling: Apparently, all GPU manufacturers brag about their "Stirx" or "Twin Frozr" cooling systems. You have to look at temperature benchmarks (if you really care) to have an understanding of which card is best.

Looks: Pick the one you like most

Performance: The same card might be clocked differently out of the box. However, a couple megahertz shouldn't change the performance dramatically. There's also small tweaks for higher overclocking capabilities and such.

Additional Software: MSI afterburner is a good example. 

But really, just buy whatever's the cheapest that offers the best reliability. (Except for the reference design, because I've heard AMD reference is noisy as f**k)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

There are small hardware changes too if the card is custom PCB design. For example better power delivery, like when an aftermerket card has an 8-pin and a 6-pin power connector and the reference only has two 6-pins(this may enable better overclocking), and the number and variety of display connectors may also differ.

-Cooling

-PCB Design (WC-block cant fit on every card)

-power design

-base clock

-visual differences.

-IO (not really input,)

oT: isnt it called Graphics card rather than gpu. for me, the gpu is the graphics chip on the card.

~Straw

It's very tricky. There are two kinds of cards to begin with. Reference - which doesn't have much variation between brands, and non-reference which have all sorts of tweaks between brands.

That said, who makes these cards and is there much difference between cards of the same manufacturer? Don't know. I do know that there are companies out there that make a shithouse load of stuff that you've never heard of. And mostly name brand stuff. Just because it says Asus or MSI do you think that they actually make it? It would not surprise me to find out that some of the best name brands have never made a videocard in their life. All you really can do is go by rep, reviews from trusted sources and check out warrantees. Otherwise you'll just drive yourself crazy trying to choose anything.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!