When I start my computer up I get an error message

Hello,

I am having a problem with my computer.

When I start my computer up I (often) get an error message that says : "The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device".( IMGUR LINK : http://imgur.com/tBeZbrT )

It tells me to go to the boot order settings but I don't see nor I can change the boot order. My BIOS doesn't recognize my HDD. 

If I restart my computer a couple of times I stop getting the error message and my computer boots up normally.(I sometimes get black screens/freezes

at the login screen)

But my computer blue screens after 20 mins to 7 hours of usage. I also get random freezes.

What I have done so far to fix my problem :

1. I ran CCleaner several times
  2. I tried Windows Repair several times
  3. I tried changing the BIOS settings
  4. I ran CHKDSK but I don't think it said anything
  5. I searched for some fixes online but they say to change settings in my BIOS but I still get the error

My specs :

MOBO : Asus P8 Z77-V LX2

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black

RAM : Corsair Vengeance(8Gb)

PSU : Corsair TX 650W

GPU : Nvidea GTX 680 (Asus)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770 (Not overclocked)

EDIT1 :

I put a USB in my computer and my motherboard does recognize the USB as a boot device! 

So I think my HDD is faulty.

EDIT2 :

The problem has been solved! A quick BIOS update fixed this problem! 

What should I do to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

_

Hello,

I am having a problem with my computer.

When I start my computer up I (often) get an error message that says : "The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device".( IMGUR LINK : http://imgur.com/tBeZbrT )

It tells me to go to the boot order settings but I don't see nor I can change the boot order. 

If I restart my computer a couple of times I stop getting the error message and my computer boots up normally.(I sometimes get black screens/freezes

at the login screen)

But my computer blue screens after 20 mins to 7 hours of usage. I also get random freezes.

What I have done so far to fix my problem :

1. I ran CCleaner several times
  2. I tried Windows Repair several times
  3. I tried changing the BIOS settings
  4. I ran CHKDSK but I don't think it said anything
  5. I searched for some fixes online but they say to change settings in my BIOS but I still get the error

My specs :

MOBO : Asus P8 Z77-V LX2

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black

RAM : Corsair Vengeance(8Gb)

PSU : Corsair TX 650W

GPU : Nvidea GTX 680 (Asus)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770 (Not overclocked)

What should I do to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

_

OK so you know how you can get in your BIOS? Because you can't change boot settings in the OS. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

OK so you know how you can get in your BIOS? Because you can't change boot settings in the OS. 

yes, I know how to get into the BIOS. (If you want to speak Dutch, doe maar :P ik ben van België.)

yes, I know how to get into the BIOS. (If you want to speak Dutch, doe maar :P ik ben van België.)

It is better to talk english because other people will probably read this to. ;)

But why can't you change the BIOS boot settings?

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

It is better to talk english because other people will probably read this to. ;)

But why can't you change the BIOS boot settings?

Ok  :) .

I can't change my boot priority, it's greayed out, I can't click on it. I can change all the other settings in my BIOS. I just can't change my boot settings/priority.

Can you get some pics up of your BIOS settings?

What pictures do you need, what should I be looking for?

Well, the error message tells you to go to Advanced > Boot > CSM Parameters so if you can find that, that should help :)

Well, the error message tells you to go to Advanced > Boot > CSM Parameters so if you can find that, that should help :)

I tried changing it, it doesn't fix my problem.

Try if you can set the BIOS on UEFI mode, i think. 

Try if you can set the BIOS on UEFI mode, i think. 

Ok I will try. 

This didn't fix my problem. I also tried turning EUFI on/

Mmm.. sorry, i don't think i can help you further then, sorry! Maybe contact Asus here

Mmm.. sorry, i don't think i can help you further then, sorry! Maybe contact Asus here

Okay I'll try to post there. Thanks for the advice

So quite possibly your HDD is faulty. This would explain the intermittent BIOS recognition, the slow performance, the random freezes. I would try verifying it through either Seagate Seatools or WD Data Lifeguard. Both allow you to create bootable CDs of the software so you can boot the disc and then run the diagnostics. No use changing a thousand BIOS settings if the drive is bad.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

So quite possibly your HDD is faulty. This would explain the intermittent BIOS recognition, the slow performance, the random freezes. I would try verifying it through either Seagate Seatools or WD Data Lifeguard. Both allow you to create bootable CDs of the software so you can boot the disc and then run the diagnostics. No use changing a thousand BIOS settings if the drive is bad.

I bought a new HDD today! I am still having this issue.

Then I would check in the BIOS settings for "Storage Settings" and see if the drive is set to AHCI or IDE. It should be AHCI.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

The problem has been solved. My friend updated the BIOS and now my motherboard works just fine!