Apartment Tech

Wow thanks for the information.

Very sorry to hear that you are sick, just keep drinking OJ and you should be better soon.

Admittedly the NFC chips look very cool, however the fact that both you and others need to have a nfc reader app in order to interact with it is kind of a turn off as not everyone will have that app. I mean it is still kool that you can get technology to do simple tasks for you but at the end of the day they're still simple tasks which can only take a few more seconds to do manually.

However, you have convinced me that the Switch + Cat 6 Cable does seem to be a good idea as I will be using my pc to stream games at 1080p + movies/tv shows also at 1080p. Can you direct me to a powerful enough switch that can accomplish this task. 

By the way, as I am going to be using it to stream games, I am not sure it will make sense getting a NAS to do that.

Also what internet speed do you recommend I get because at the moment I'm planning to get a 60mb down and 15mb up.

Ive been using these little trendnet switches for years and installed alot of them, never had a problem with em. Supports jumbo frames too. If you happen to need more than 8 ports they are cheap enough to just stack them. ( they do make a 16 but its more expensive than two of those.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156250

Oh, I didn't mean you would be streaming games from the nas, I meant the nas would be handling other tasks, as to not make your main box work harder, while the main box was streaming games. Though it looks like you may not have any issues with that from what I am understanding. Sounds like youll be pretty good for now. Start like that, and add stuff as you need it.

And that sounds like a great internet plan to me, should be plenty.