Massive FPS drops in BF4

Imabigmac

So I was playing battlefield 4 for a bit today today but I was experiencing really bad fps drops. My Cpu usage was steady and so was ram. Ping was fine but my GPU usage would consistently drop down to about nothing. The card isn't throttling I know that, so Im left to believe its either battlefield being battlefield or drivers, but this only just started. I haven't updated to the new driver for AW support. 

I also just moved BF4 onto a secondary ssd, I know that by doing so shouldn't affect gpu performance but maybe its related as its the only change I have made. 

So has anyone experienced a recent problem such as this? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Did you overclock your card?

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Did you overclock your card?

no 

Im thinking it could be related to game not launching in X64 mode. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

i had similar problems, the only thing i found to fix it, is really simple.

got to your bf4 doc (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and go to properties of Bf4 and Bf4_86. go to compatibilities and select execute as administrator. do this on both. and i did it for origin too.

didnt had any fps loss after that.

good luck.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

i had similar problems, the only thing i found to fix it, is really simple.

got to your bf4 doc (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and go to properties of Bf4 and Bf4_86. go to compatibilities and select execute as administrator. do this on both. and i did it for origin too.

didnt had any fps loss after that.

good luck.

I will try this, and I see if going to x64 makes a difference. 

Spoiler

no 

Im thinking it could be related to game not launching in X64 mode. 

I had insane stuttering after i changed my GPU from 660 to a 290x... And what i did was reformat the entire disk and it fixed the problem! 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

The new update apparently caused problems.

I read on BF4 forum that repairing the game and re-downloading browser plugin worked.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I had insane stuttering after i changed my GPU from 660 to a 290x... And what i did was reformat the entire disk and it fixed the problem! 

Simply wiping the old drivers and reinstalling the new ones would have sufficed.

The new update apparently caused problems.

I read on BF4 forum that repairing the game and re-downloading browser plugin worked.

Nope, there are problems with the patch and DICE has admitted it.

The problem is they only do so in obscure threads and never openly.

DICE and EA still can't manage to embrace the honesty thing

One thing is to repair game files. Sometimes after you move them or have to reinstall and copypaste settings in, it needs that to work again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv