fail brand new? EK gpu block.

lol couple of days ago I ordered a new block for my new water cooling project.

I'm not in a hurry though since I'm quite busy lately since I need to be prepared for Christmas :)

and just today few min ago I received my packaged and when I opened it. I found a cut up thermal pads, kinda oily looking prints on the back plate (I'm fine with this one), no receipt, no manual.

just has the block, foam, plastic and screws. and some cut up pads in the block itself with a Thermal paste that obviously shows that it's been removed from a GPU.

meaning it's used not brand new.

I called them after I double check stuff and they asked me if I want a refund or a get sent a newer one. I opted for a newer one since I'm not in a hurry. The Lady I talked to over the phone told me she will get back to me later. (something like going to call me later seems she will check if they can get a new one).

but I'm kinda disappointed. I used to always buy from that shop (not water cooling ones) and always been awesome.

This is the first time I've ever received a brand new block that looks like this. kinda disappointed but I still have hopes on the shop I bought it from since I've always had good experience with them... sadly it's true like what others say. There will always be a first time.

edit: pretty much I've never received in the past years of a gpu block with some used thermalpaste.

post-59105-0-46529400-1415413172_thumb.j

lol just decided to just not mind it and keep the block. although I did ask them to send me my receipt since it didn't came with the package.

although it needs cleaning though. just a few moments ago I got the building itch so I decided to make time for it.

haiz why is there no guide about avoiding upgrade/build pc itch.

just wondering anyone else ever experience this kinda shit? this is the first time I've ever got a gpu block like this. kinda unusual.

Live your life like a dream.

Where was this from? the EK store? Pretty piss poor IMO, I reckon you should at least be entitled to some store credit for what is clearly a second hand block, even if it was just one they used for batch testing and forgot to clean it up its not something a customer should ever see (and TBH I would only think they would only need to leak test not mount it to a card to test).

Do you plan on telling us what shop you ordered this from? Doubt it's EK themselves.

Also, I would never except anything in the condition you received yours. Plus no receipt? How are you going to prove your purchase if you have to claim a new block?

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

well I just ask them to mail me my receipt so they did. just got my build itch an decided to let them off.

Where was this from? the EK store? Pretty piss poor IMO, I reckon you should at least be entitled to some store credit for what is clearly a second hand block, even if it was just one they used for batch testing and forgot to clean it up its not something a customer should ever see (and TBH I would only think they would only need to leak test not mount it to a card to test).

what you say is very very very true. no costumer should even see a spec of paste in there even if they just did it for leak test or whatnot.

Do you plan on telling us what shop you ordered this from? Doubt it's EK themselves.

Also, I would never except anything in the condition you received yours. Plus no receipt? How are you going to prove your purchase if you have to claim a new block?

well I bought it locally from Dynaquest (I used to buy parts from them until I got my own small store). so a lot of people are kinda safe unless you're from PH too.

I normally buy from another store locally or online on frozencpu (but hefty shipping and tax rates once it gets to me so I kinda do this on cheap stuff).

@everyone else.

I don't actually mind the pads since I can easily get some ek pads for cheaps but that paste is just amazing. although the thing I didn't like is all those finger prints or something on both the block (the black front) and the back plate. tried using alchohol to wipe  them off and so far the back plate is looking nice but the black front is looking so bad.

I will most likely not buy a single water cooling part from them. (they are kinda new in that degree) and just go with locally most trust worthy or some online stores that I've tried although takes a while but good product after receiving them.

Well another kinda sad part about that package is some missing accessories. although dealing would them might not be worth my time so yeah. how about other people out there? anyone else got any shit like this as a package?

nay: just decided to return the block. tomorrow I'll visit the nearest shop they have and just return it. sadly no return shipping and whatnot they will pay. all has to be on me.

edit: gonna return it later. talked to them over the phone and I'm getting a refund. kinda sad though been getting the itch to do another water cooling project.

Totally disappointed at the shop. after looking at it again last night. I'm missing a hell lot of accessories and one washer even looks very very odd and yes it's a used one.

Live your life like a dream.