Do you need 3000 RPM fans?

I've got an i7-4790k which I just put a H100i on to cool it. The Corsair fans are a bit loud and I am going to upgrade to the Noctua Industrial PPC fans, they have an option for 3000 or 2000 RPM fan models.

A couple questions.

1. Is there any difference between the two fans?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27865&cPath=413

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27866&cPath=413

2. Do you really need a 3000 RPM fan to keep the temps cool?

Way too overpriced and loud fans IMO. There are many other pressure optimized fans that perform well enough at around 800-1000RPM to keep your CPU cool

I would recommend looking at Scythe Gentle Typhoon or Grand Flex fans

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

You don't need a 3000RPM fan. The noctua fans are IMO the best (and that's why also among the most expensive). If you have the money, i suggest buying a few. If you want to save a few $$ then i can recommend the nanoxia deep silence 140mm 1800RPM fans.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

you dont need the 3000 rpm, its most likely you will be running then at 1200rpm to 1500rpm

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

no need for 3000rpm fans. themore fans you hae, the lower the rpm of each will be and I doubt you will ever come close to 3000rpm

Regardless the price, they are just loud.  Relatively, I can't be so sure since I don't own other 3000rpm fans.
In order to Increase performance and still keep it quiet, push/pull your fan with fans in range from 1200rpm to 1500rpm.
For the tone, and static pressure the fans generate, there's a lot of reviews.  Matin's Liquid lab has some handy test in video, so you can hear them.

Personally, I recommend Gentle Typhoon ap-13 or ap-14

I've got an i7-4790k which I just put a H100i on to cool it. The Corsair fans are a bit loud and I am going to upgrade to the Noctua Industrial PPC fans, they have an option for 3000 or 2000 RPM fan models.

A couple questions.

1. Is there any difference between the two fans?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27865&cPath=413

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27866&cPath=413

2. Do you really need a 3000 RPM fan to keep the temps cool?

1.) Only the RPM

2.) No. You need nowhere near that much in a normal setup. Personally I'm thinking of maybe getting the 2000 RPM variant some day soon (Noctua performance and quality in black... hard to resist - except the price... :( )... but even they will never run at (or close to) full speed in my rig.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Depends on whether you intend for your pc to fly ?

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Umm no, though I do have some and did use them in my ITX build. I have now gone down to 2000rpm after some testing and changing coolers.

You don't need a 3000RPM fan. The noctua fans are IMO the best (and that's why also among the most expensive). If you have the money, i suggest buying a few. If you want to save a few $$ then i can recommend the nanoxia deep silence 140mm 1800RPM fans.

I can't recommend those fans their too cheap. They do undervolt pretty well but I'd only use them if you got them with your case or something.

I can't recommend those fans their too cheap. They do undervolt pretty well but I'd only use them if you got them with your case or something.

They aren't cheap. I got mine for 14 euros, i'd say that is the sweet-spot. I can't hear them at all and they come with rubber screw-thingies. They come with silent adapters as well.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

They aren't cheap. I got mine for 14 euros, i'd say that is the sweet-spot. I can't hear them at all and they come with rubber screw-thingies. They come with silent adapters as well.

I was commenting build wise. I have about 10 of them mostly 1100rpm.