Price/performance nvidia vs Radeon

I/O

290 competes with the 780 performance wise, and 290x for 780ti.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

290 competes with the 780 performance wise, and 290x for 780ti.

When price is considered the 290 is currently cheaper and more powerful than the 770 even though it competes performance wise with 780.

From what I've seen, right now in the US market AMD is beating out NVidia at every performance level until you get to the point where AMD doesn't have as high a performing card. There are just so many deals right now for AMD GPUs. I've seen $140 for an R9 270, $170 for an R9 280, and $240 for an R9 290, and I haven't seen such deals with NVidia cards. Everything is in flux as always, but right now the huge price cuts to AMD cards put them over the top. Heck, when you factor in rebates, I've even seen $140 for an R9 280. That's just nuts.

These prices also do not reflect the game bundles from nvidia and AMD. However, the value from these games is ultimately dependent on the purchaser.

290 is a great card for the price just got one.

Technically the title of this thread should be —> NVIDIA vs AMD <— , but considering the

flame wars that happen with that kind thread title, it's probably best that the title is what it is. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator