Is there any negatives to the Razer Orbweawer Elite?

Shroomster

So I have my birthday coming up and I was  thinking about picking one up. Is there negatives beside the Razer price and the Razer switches (not really a negative imo)?

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Well not really but i had Razer Nostromo before and...i kinda couldnt get used to it i was still using my keyboard for keybinds and stuff and then i got the naga 2014 (with mechanical switches) and i got used to it really fast and i like it much more. Depends i guess for what will you use it the most.

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

Well not really but i had Razer Nostromo before and...i kinda couldnt get used to it i was still using my keyboard for keybinds and stuff and then i got the naga 2014 (with mechanical switches) and i got used to it really fast and i like it much more. Depends i guess for what will you use it the most.

I will use it for only gaming. I want to bind all the keybinds on arma 3 close to my fingers, so I don't have to jump around on the keyboard.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I will use it for only gaming. I want to bind all the keybinds on arma 3 close to my fingers, so I don't have to jump around on the keyboard.

If you have a chance try out Naga or Logitech g600 also before going for orbweaver but keep in mind also that if i couldnt get used to it,doesnt mean you will not :) it might be better option for you in the end :)

Edit: Happy B-day in advance btw :)

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

If you have a chance try out Naga or Logitech g600 also before going for orbweaver but keep in mind also that if i couldnt get used to it,doesnt mean you will not :) it might be better option for you in the end :)

Edit: Happy B-day in advance btw :)

I have a Deathadder, so I am good for that part. I want all the commands to be close by and accessible, so I can focus on the game and not jumping on my keyboard.

I have a Deathadder, so I am good for that part. I want all the commands to be close by and accessible, so I can focus on the game and not jumping on my keyboard.

Then i say go for it :)

Just don't give up on it!!!!

When I got mine, I gave up on it and boxed it up to return the next day 3 times.

Each time I figured - the store is closed till tomorrow, might as well keep trying it

You have to remember how many years you've been using WASD on a full keyboard - breaking that muscle memory is not going to be instant. I want to use the side stick as my movement, so that took even longer re-programming my brain to not use my middle three fingers for movement

now I can't stand using WASD - so inefficient/un-ergonomic in comparison

Just don't give up on it!!!!

When I got mine, I gave up on it and boxed it up to return the next day 3 times.

Each time I figured - the store is closed till tomorrow, might as well keep trying it

You have to remember how many years you've been using WASD on a full keyboard - breaking that muscle memory is not going to be instant. I want to use the side stick as my movement, so that took even longer re-programming my brain to not use my middle three fingers for movement

now I can't stand using WASD - so inefficient/un-ergonomic in comparison

I am going to use the keys for movement and use the hat switch for changing layouts for the multiple Arma 3 shortcuts.

It has no internal memory, so you have to use Synapse for anything but the default keybindings, and it also uses some sort of a glue to keep the wristpad in place, and some people have had issues with that.

If you want a mechanical keypad, there aren't any real alternatives unless you hack a 52te/Nostromo/G13. G13 has superior functionality in LCD, more keys, true joystick, and the software options + internal memory, but it really comes with a lot of quirks too. The joystick is awful, though it is easy to replace; it's angle and placement are rather inconvenient, which is harder to fix without making the device look like it's something a MacGyver has touched, and it's pretty large with no adjustment options. Membrane keys are still a pretty big con, even though I'm not really sold on Razer's choice of blues / browns on the orbweaver.

It uses Razer's switches manufactured by Kailh rather than Cherry MX switches which a lot of people consider a downside especially when you consider that it's most of the cost, and in some cases more than the cost, of a mechanical keyboard using Cherry switches, hell a CMStorm QFR can be had for $80 from Newegg. Other than that it will work as advertised and has the nice shift key to give you essentially twice the keybinds.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD