Asus GPU Tweak VS MSI AfterBurner

JujuShinobi

So as we know, Asus has released their GPU overclocking software which as far as I know is in it's earlier stages and has a lot more room to develop while MSI AfterBurner is a refined software that most of us use.

I would like to have the community's opinion on which they prefer and why

MSI afterburner is easy to use and i know it almost always works.

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

They do the same job, they should both work fine with any standard card, and should work fine with all own brand custom PCB cards, they aren't always going to work for cards from other brands with custom PCBs though. Unless the brands cooperate.. which is not going to happen because they want their software to be successful.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Overclock-ability of the graphic card is done via the drivers. Nvidia and AMD provide SDK's for developers that allows them to communicate their software with the drivers to set clock speed and voltages. The only exception, is if you buy for example an MSI card with some special voltage controller that they put. In such case,. you want to use MSI Afterburner that this is outside of Nvidia drivers. Same for ASUS, EVGA, and the rest.

So, assuming you don't have these special card, you get to pick what skin you want, really.

For those interested, and those with Nvidia graphic cards, I have a cool software that I made for computer enthousiats such as you guys that allows you to control your graphic card overclock software of your choice based on what you run. Because, let face it, it's stupid to have our graphic card overclocked when browsing the web, or folders or playing non demanding games. It wastes power, and create unnecessary heat. It's non intrusive, and uses a community supported catalog of games and applications. Its easy to use, Windows 8 ready. And it's free (there is a Premium version, which add some features, but nothing that if you had the free version would block you from enjoy the software. I have this version to cover server cost, as I want to keep the program ads free, and the setup out of annoying extra crap software and toolbars in the hope that someone install them by accident for a few cents. I am not a sell out). I made this software for fun.

Oh an its specially designed for laptops too. And also, something that my software provides in addition, is that if your graphic card overheats, it will temporary throttle until it cools off a bit and immeditly return to your overclock settings. I made this to try and avoid people bricking their graphic card, and while the software is monitoring temperatures.. why not add this feature? I mean I am even surprised that MSI AfterBurner and other software don't have that included... well I guess they want you to buy new graphic cards, I guess.

http://www.nvgpupro.com/

If you guys are intrested, I have a new version coming in a few months (soon to be Beta) witch will have lots of improvements, bug fixes, and a GPU Boost-like feature like the 600 series card but for all graphic card, old or new.