gtx 980 ti and titan z. release date? specifications?

vuther

hey guys i was wondering what you guys had heard about the specifications of the gtx 980 ti and titan z. i heard that they were going to be released before the end of the year and that the titan z is supposed to have 50% more power than the titan black.

Titan Z is already out.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Release date: 3 days before Half life 3 , so you can run that at Glorius 4K@144FPS

Specs: 980 Ti will be equal to a new Titan, just without double precision calc. and the Titan X will be 2x the New Titan

We know the same amount as you :(

50757844e120efcd666b22c301d76073.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

titan Z out. I doubt there will be a 980ti unless it has a different architecture or Nvidia is magic. Edit: apperantly I am wrong about 980ti. I matter of fact nvidia must be magic?

titan Z out. I doubt there will be a 980ti unless it has a different architecture or Nvidia is magic. 

They pulled off the same thing as last generation. Release the 780, and then the Ti variant afterwards. But I think it'll be on a different core because the 980 doesn't have any disabled SMX units.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

They pulled off the same thing as last generation. Release the 780, and then the Ti variant afterwards. But I think it'll be on a different core because the 980 doesn't have any disabled SMX units.

Ok, for a minuet I was like geez nvidia you be trippin. 980 is a powerfull card, I think they got it maxed. 

I would seriously doubt we will see a GTX 980ti on the sole reason that it has no room in the current product stack. What I mean is since the GTX 980 is a full GM204 core the "980ti" would have to be a diffrent core, the fabled GM200. Since you always need a place for all the GPU's with defective cores, i.e. what the 970 is for the GM204 with one broken SMM, what would they call it? GTX 980tiSE, GTX 980 boost, GTX 980 plus, GTX better than a 980 but not a good as a 980ti. We will more than likely see the GM200 core just not until the next series, just like they did with the 600 and 700 series. The 980 will be rebranded the 1070 and we will get a 1080 and 1080ti. Lastly it makes no sense becase AMD has nothing that will better the 980 so why start using a core of you don't need to, they did the same thing again with the 600 and 700 series, they also had some manufaturing issuses becase GK110 is so big, but can you imagine if they released the 780ti when all AMD had was the 7970, what a waste.

I highly doubt there will be a 980 Ti as it will have to be on a different chip I.E GM200, The 780 Ti was the same chip *GK110* as the 780 *GK110* and seeing as the GM204 has no disabled or cut off modules on it what so ever the 980 Ti will have to be called something else i.e 1080, Titan II etc...

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

There will only be a GTX 980Ti if AMD bring out something better than the GTX 980. Why would they bother? Might as well keep the chip for a GTX 1070/1080. Just because there was a Ti last year, doesn't mean there will be one this year. 

There was a GTX 660Ti, but no 760Ti.

There will only be a GTX 980Ti if AMD bring out something better than the GTX 980. Why would they bother? Might as well keep the chip for a GTX 1070/1080. Just because there was a Ti last year, doesn't mean there will be one this year.

There was a GTX 660Ti, but no 760Ti.

There may be a slight pattern starting with the 500 series. In the 500 series, we had the 560 Ti. In the 600 series, we had the 660 Ti. In the 700 series, we have the 780 Ti. I'm betting NVIDIA will release a 980 Ti using a different Core. But then again, we did have the 550 Ti, 650 Ti, and the 750 Ti.