mATX SLI case

jokudolo

Greetings friends,

My current build is http://pcpartpicker.com/b/TVBPxr

I orginally built for for future SLI expansion, but because of my case adding another card into the case will take up all 4 PCI express slots of my case and leave both cards starved for air.

As such I am looking for another mATX case that houses 5 PCI slots (the middle one will be left empty for the cards to breathe) and that also gives airflow to the bottom card so it can breathe as well.

It being stylish is a plus

id like it to have a window

Id also like it to have 1 5.25" Drive bay so it can fit my NZXT Hue.

Unfortunately im having trouble finding cases that fit these specifications, can anyone help?

thanks

-jokudolo

This doesn't exist AFAIK

Corsair 350D 

Small%20(1%20of%2010).jpg

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Corsair 350D 

Small%20(1%20of%2010).jpg

This ^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

ermm the 350d is probably the best option.

others that i know of:

-design define mini

-fractal core 1000

-lian li pc v358

-bitfenix prodigy m

-cooler master n200

-corsair air 240

-arc mini r2

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This ^

+1

Got multiple GPUs in my own 350D.

Drop the second GPU down a slot, flip the PSU around and they will have plenty of air.  B)

I have a pair for GTX 980s in my Node 804. The bottom of this case is just perforated metal with a dust filter that's removed from the back. There's not quite enough room for a fan at the bottom the bottom but the fans on the card should have plenty of power to suck air through the dust filter. The case is also excellent for airflow anyway, I have 5 fans concentrated on my cpu/gpu/mobo and 3 fans on the other side. They're the newer grey noctuas so they're pretty quiet and undervolt well too!

Node 804 Recommended!

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

yea i like the node 804...I would pick it if I didn't have to have an optical drive bay for my NZXT HUE....

But i don't like how the case IO is on a different side from the window...that means if its against a wall i have to choose between a window and the IO thats kinda sad =[

Aside from the 350D, which is way too big for me, it doesn't seem like there's an mATX case with an optical drive bay AND 5 PCI slots...which is kinda of sad because the whole point of mATX is to have the extra PCI slots for extra cards but in mose mATX cases you can't use them because of temperature problems so most people only end up putting 1 GPU in there, which is just so silly because then you might as well go to a mITX and save yourself money for the exact same performance. 

It doesn't look like any case manafacturers have picked up on this though.

The only way to maintain acceptable temps in most mATX cases is to have the top card as a blower style instead of open air, but the 970 blower-style cards are quite bad it makes no sense

Im stuck lol.

I would love if corsair could put an optical drive in their carbide 240 like they did with the 540, i understand they removed it to make space for the SSD, but they could have made it work!

arghhh

...As such I am looking for another mATX case that houses 5 PCI slots (the middle one will be left empty for the cards to breathe) and that also gives airflow to the bottom card so it can breathe as well.

your mobo choice will not allow your SLI to have a space for the airflow:

the bottom slot of your mobo choice is an x4 slot not x8 (as nVidia requires x8).

so your mobo will not allow the extra cooling slot you are looking for.

i believe the only mATX was the Gigabyte z77 G1.Sniper M3

Oh, it seems that you are correct. the top two yellow slots are 16x but the bottom slot is only 4x, so im forced to put them next to each other with this mobo then? so i guess i still have to use a blower style on top of a open air style huh?

Oh, it seems that you are correct. the top two yellow slots are 16x but the bottom slot is only 4x, so im forced to put them next to each other with this mobo then? so i guess i still have to use a blower style on top of a open air style huh?

even then the top card will still be much warmer. if the lower card has a backplate,

the two cards will rub ('sperienced) or the upper can short the lower if housing is

metal ('sperienced, again)

ec359a65_cooler_master_n200_matx_itx_cas (not my build, for reference)

to put it bluntly, either water cool in SLI or move to ATX where you have the choice

to do either air or water. and doing water in a mATX, the only case to consider SLI

water is the arc mini R2.