i7 4770K fairly high temps with H100i Water Cooler

My temperatures when Idle seem fine:

qML0Af3.png

But when I play even Minecraft the temps get pretty high:

YpbnIba.png

Any idea why this is happening?

They are not insanely high, if you still are not happy, check the thermal contact. 

Some people have the problem of the cooler not sitting tight enough on the mobo. Check if it's srewed in as far as possible.

Another thing that could be wrong is that the thermal paste wasn't applied correctly, but I assume that you used the pre applied one, which should be ok.

The last thing I can think of is that either your pump doesn't work, which you can check in Corsair link, or there's a problem with heat exchange.

-edit: One thing, did you oc?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I have same CPU 4770k 57c idle!!! (passive cooled, call me crazy)  works just fine!!!

Some people have the problem of the cooler not sitting tight enough on the mobo. Check if it's srewed in as far as possible.

Another thing that could be wrong is that the thermal paste wasn't applied correctly, but I assume that you used the pre applied one, which should be ok.

The last thing I can think of is that either your pump doesn't work, which you can check in Corsair link, or there's a problem with heat exchange.

-edit: One thing, did you oc?

I've not overclocked, I am planning to it's just whenever I use the auto feature in BIOS to overclock but it throws an unrecoverable error in windows :/ I have corsair link installed but how do I check to see if pumps are working fine?

I've not overclocked, I am planning to it's just whenever I use the auto feature in BIOS to overclock but it throws an unrecoverable error in windows :/ I have corsair link installed but how do I check to see if pumps are working fine?

Those are normal temperatures tbh, not sure how much lower you'd like them to be on load. When they're hitting 75+ is when you should start getting worried.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Basically if this doesn't show anything your pump should be broken, but I don't think that that is the case.

4QrACKG.png

Those are normal temperatures tbh, not sure how much lower you'd like them to be on load. When they're hitting 75+ is when you should start getting worried.

Idk, I usually get around 50° without oc on the same cooler. Also it's only Mincraft. In what way would Minecraft use that much CPU power?

Idk, I usually get around 50° without oc on the same cooler. Also it's only Mincraft. In what way would Minecraft use that much CPU power?

Euh wait, I'm guessing I may have mistaken which column the "current" temp is and which the min/max values are.

It's the first column of the 2nd picture we're supposed to look at as current value right?

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Mmmm... those temperatures aren't terrible, but they are high.  What are your ambient temperatures?  Is your pump running at 100%?  What speed are your fans running at?

The H100i is known to have a bad mounting problem, and it is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1482988/should-i-really-add-extra-washers-to-the-corsair-h100i-back-plate-to-make-it-fit-more-snug

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=623994&postcount=3

cm6m.jpg

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Mmmm... those temperatures aren't terrible, but they are high.  What are your ambient temperatures?  Is your pump running at 100%?  What speed are your fans running at?

The H100i is known to have a bad mounting problem, and it is not guaranteed to work for everyone out of the box without modifications.

I have to ask, is 50°C considered high while gaming or is it just for minecraft that people consider it a too high temperature?(I don't own minecraft so I have no clue)

My 4770k hovers between 40-55°C while gaming so that's why I'm asking, for example crysis 3, Bioshock Inifite and so on are said games.

I have to ask, is 50°C considered high while gaming or is it just for minecraft that people consider it a too high temperature?(I don't own minecraft so I have no clue)

My 4770k hovers between 40-55°C while gaming so that's why I'm asking, for example crysis 3, Bioshock Inifite and so on are said games.

He is getting temperatures as high as 70C on a non-overclocked 4770k.  Something is wrong with his cooling, or his ambient temperatures are ridiculously high.

55C is what he should be getting AT MOST while gaming with that setup.

Here are my temps during a 5 hour long Battlefield 4 session.  Settings for BF4 are 1920x1080, Ultra everything, 4x MSAA, 140% Resolution Scale, 80% FoV, with V-Sync On. Using an i5-4670k OC'd to 4.5Ghz @ 1.160v cooled by the Seidon 240M at 1350rpm(90%) Pump speed and 1250rpm(50%) Fan speed(2 fans in push).  My EVGA GTX 780 SC is cooled by NZXT Kraken G10 and X31 AIO(Not recommended) with 2 Fans in Push/Pull.  The X31's pump speed is at 1500rpm(90%), and Fans at 1500rpm(65%).  My case is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.  Ambient temperature is 23.8C/75F.  It does help that my case is underneath the A/C Vent, so keep that in mind too.

wjhXr2m.png

He is using an i7-4770k, so the extra threads does create a little extra heat, but again, he is at stock.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

He is getting temperatures as high as 70C on a non-overclocked 4770k.  Something is wrong with his cooling, or his ambient temperatures are ridiculously high.

55C is what he should be getting AT MOST while gaming with that setup.

Here are my temps during a 5 hour long Battlefield 4 session.  Settings for BF4 are 1920x1080, Ultra everything, 4x MSAA, 140% Resolution Scale, 80% FoV, with V-Sync On. Using an i5-4670k OC'd to 4.5Ghz @ 1.160v cooled by the Seidon 240M at 1350rpm(90%) Pump speed and 1250rpm(50%) Fan speed(2 fans in push).  My EVGA GTX 780 SC is cooled by NZXT Kraken G10 and X31 AIO(Not recommended) with 2 Fans in Push/Pull.  The X31's pump speed is at 1500rpm(90%), and Fans at 1500rpm(65%).  My case is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro.  Ambient temperature is 23.8C/75F.  It does help that my case is underneath the A/C Vent, so keep that in mind too.

-snip-

He is using an i7-4770k, so the extra threads does create a little extra heat, but again, he is at stock.

Aaah I didn't think the 70°C was from gaming, thought he used some sort of stress test to reach that temperature. Yeah getting such peaks on the cpu is rather disturbing indeed, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Aaah I didn't think the 70°C was from gaming, thought he used some sort of stress test to reach that temperature. Yeah getting such peaks on the cpu is rather disturbing indeed, thank you for clearing that up for me.

70C was from Minecraft.  At least that is what I read.

My temperatures when Idle seem fine:

qML0Af3.png

But when I play even Minecraft the temps get pretty high:

YpbnIba.png

Any idea why this is happening?

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but can you answer one for me? How did you get to this screen shot on your PC? It looks like something a lot of PCs would have, I want to see if my MOBO has the same feature. I've downloaded some CPU temp programs that haven't been accurate in the past. Thanks if you can tell me!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but can you answer one for me? How did you get to this screen shot on your PC? It looks like something a lot of PCs would have, I want to see if my MOBO has the same feature. I've downloaded some CPU temp programs that haven't been accurate in the past. Thanks if you can tell me!

Download HWiNFO.