What sound card do I need for my astro a40?

Josh AR15 Xpert

I have astro a 40s for my Xbox one, what soundcard do I need to plug-in the optical cable into my computer?

You should be able to use the USB that came with it. You don't need a sound card. I'm 95% sure that the a40 comes with PC compatibility out of the box. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

What motherboard do you have? Most fairly recent motherboards have decent onboard audio. 

I thought you had changed your name and i was right. You know that is a shit idea from a recognizeability standpoint. Also kanbaru was the best girl.

You should just be able to run the optical cable from the mixamp into the back of your PC. I would suggest you don't do this though. The mixamp is a dac and you can just run the thing off usb from your computer. You could also plug the A40s straight into the back of the computer

I have astro a 40s for my Xbox one, what soundcard do I need to plug-in the optical cable into my computer?

. Astro should have included the necessary cables to make this work properly.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Back when i was running astros the way i had it set up was that the mixamp was plugged into the PC through usb and the xbox was plugged in though optical. The mixamp would let both signals through at the same time and this was great as it let me watch videos on the pc and talk to friends on xbl while playing all at the same time with one set of cans. Really clean solution and easy to get setup.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.