Safe or not?

Rockstar4007
Go to solution Solved by DigitalHermit,

Should be fine... Just try to avoid booting from the laptop drive since the drivers might be completely different...

So I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 320gb (st3320820as) (shows up has 300gb) and I would like to plug in a WD black 750gb laptop hard drive (WDC WD7500BPKT) (from HP G42) to replace my current hard drives. The problem is there's already windows 8 and some drivers on the hard drive but not from my PC. Is there any corruption that can happen to the data or is its all going to be OK?

You should be fine and there shouldn't be any corruption. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Should be fine... Just try to avoid booting from the laptop drive since the drivers might be completely different...

Is there any ways to boot on the WD black without any problems. I can't use the HP G42 to delete the drivers since the charger doesn't work.

Is there any ways to boot on the WD black without any problems. I can't use the HP G42 to delete the drivers since the charger doesn't work.

It depends on the motherboard--just try it out and see how it goes. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they wont' get a notification you replied to them. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they wont' get a notification you replied to them.

OK I'll try that out later

This is my motherboard gigabyte ga-a55m-ds2 rev: 2.2 should I be able to boot ccorrectly?

This is my motherboard gigabyte ga-a55m-ds2 rev: 2.2 should I be able to boot ccorrectly?

Probably--it depends on a case by case basis with the previous and new motherboards in question. 

There are too many motherboard combinations to have a surefire way of knowing without just trying it out. 

Probably--it depends on a case by case basis with the previous and new motherboards in question. 

There are too many motherboard combinations to have a surefire way of knowing without just trying it out.

oh ok