What do you guys think of this PC I'm thinking of building for streaming and recording games?

Waste of money, go with a 4790k.

I know it's a lot of money, but I have money coming in anyway.. plus I just recently changed the parts around. I had a 4790K and the price for the whole PC dropped after switching parts around

Do you really need to go for an X99 build? An Z97 build should be adequate and cost less. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Depends though but I agree

Other than it costing more, are their ANY other reasons why it wouldn't be smart though? 

Do you really need to go for an X99 build? An Z97 build should be adequate and cost less. ;)

true, but i wanted to try something new :) and money isn't bothering me at the moment, I would definitely do that if I were worried about that though

I think a lot of people seem to be going for X99 builds more for bragging rights than the fact that they actually need it. I think for the everyday person, even those that game and do video editing as their hobby, like myself, the Z97 platform is more than adequate and powerful enough for those kinds of tasks. I personally feel that it's a waste of money at the moment. I really do. Z97 platform FTW! ;)

true, but i wanted to try something new :) and money isn't bothering me at the moment, I would definitely do that if I were worried about that though

Just think, though, if you took the amount of money that you're willing to spend on an X99 build and put that money, instead, towards a Z97 build, I reckon you'd get one heck of a beast a rig for that much. You really have to think about this and be wise mate. ;)

I think a lot of people seem to be going for X99 builds more for bragging rights than the fact that they actually need it. I think for the everyday person, even those that game and do video editing as their hobby, like myself, the Z97 platform is more than adequate and powerful enough for those kinds of tasks. I personally feel that it's a waste of money at the moment. I really do. Z97 platform FTW! ;)

Lol, well I actually completely agree with that, and you're not wrong about bragging rights xD .. but it's something new, my last build was a z97 build and I gave that to my brother since I have enough for a new one :)

Just think, though, if you took the amount of money that you're willing to spend on an X99 build and put that money, instead, towards a Z97 build, I reckon you'd get one heck of a beast a rig for that much. You really have to think about this and be wise mate. ;)

very true :) .. when do you think x99 would be practical?

Lol, well I actually completely agree with that, and you're not wrong about bragging rights xD .. but it's something new, my last build was a z97 build and I gave that to my brother since I have enough for a new one :)

Well, it's your money mate. But I'm just trying to pass on some logic and wisdom to ya. ;):)

very true :) .. when do you think x99 would be practical?

When the Z97 platform is looking to be slow and the X99 platform gets quite a fair bit cheaper. ;)

Well, it's your money mate. But I'm just trying to pass on some logic and wisdom to ya. ;):)

Thanks :) I understand what you're saying too, was thinking of that but I just felt pulled by the "power" xD

Z97 would be fine unless you are doing hardcore rendering. 

monster 

• CPU
    intel i7 4790k
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
  • RAM
    Corsair Memory Vengeance Jet Black 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Twin Frozr V
  • Case
    NZXT H440
  • Storage
    Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB SATA 3 Hard Drive x2, Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 650W Full Modular Power Supply
  • Display(s)
    BenQ RL2455HM RTS 24" and an old monitor
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i
  • Keyboard
    Func KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX Red
  • Mouse
    Shogun Bros Ballista MK-1 Pro Gaming Mouse red
  • Sound
    Gamdias Hephaestus
  • Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Thanks :) I understand what you're saying too, was thinking of that but I just felt pulled by the "power" xD

Are you sure it's not the hype?

I guess you can say that, yeah xD 

and don't forget about DDR4, and for a bonus is goes great for the color theme I'm going for :)

I guess you can say that, yeah xD.

Well, mate, sometimes hype can be a bad thing. I'm not saying the X99 platform is, but in saying that, a lot of X99 Motherboards were having multiple issue when the they first launched. I can't remember what these issues were exactly, I just know that they had some. I'm not sure if any of those issues still exist though. :unsure:

And don't forget about DDR4, and for a bonus is goes great for the color theme I'm going for :)

Yeah, well, I'm not gonna stop ya. Just giving you some food for thought. ;)

Is that overkill? It's a no-brainer it is.

Is it fast. yeah. What are you waiting for if you have the $$$

I wouldn't get the razer i would get the k70 RGB that cherry MX factory done recently just... i'm lost for words

I reccomend the roccat kone xtd as a mouse

P.S. nice avatar

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

I think you're going to need more than a 240GB SSD for recording games...

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

I think going with an X99 build if you have the money would be a good investment.  Puts you inline with the next things from intel as well as the new ddr4.  I mean you could save money by doing a 1150 (Z87) build but it will be outdated in a few years and if you can afford the latest and greatest I say go for it.

Hey, as I always say Lol. If you can AFFORD IT and have no problem spending much for a newer platform. Then by all means you might just get x99 platform and build from there. It's quite nice.

However if you are considering and being tight on your budget then get 4790k it's still top end and enough for couple years.

4790k - initially (on good sales now)

5820k - if you can afford and have no problem spending much.

If you're only gaming in mid - high settings then the i5 4690k, but if you plan to do streaming as well as gaming on high-ultra high then 5820k that you chose is perfect.

Take a look at this video:

Also you should definitely invest in a blue 4TB HDD for recording games as you will definitely need the space.