What MOBO would you select for this build?

First I would like to comment on the black blue and green colour scheme. Second, msi has a cheap blue and black motherboard, z97s sli plus, asrock has some really nice ones as well. But if we base the motherboard on colours that match with that case, the gigabyte z97x ud3h bk/ud5h bk would work perfectly. 

Double post. Sigh.

I'm sorry dude. I'm a bit overwhelmed and new to this. Sorry if this offends you or impacts your life 

First I would like to comment on the black blue and green colour scheme. Second, msi has a cheap blue and black motherboard, z97s sli plus, asrock has some really nice ones as well. But if we base the motherboard on colours that match with that case, the gigabyte z97x ud3h bk/ud5h bk would work perfectly. 

I agree I already have the case so it's hard to pick the right one. The gigabyte one you mentioned seems to work though. Thanks for your help man 

Asus Z97-AR

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Asus Z97-A, Asrock Z97 extreme6, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H...

They all pretty much do the same job. Look at the features and prices.

System: Thinkpad T460

I would suggest the ASUS Z97-A, the ASRock Extreme 4 or Extreme 6 or the Gigabyte GAZ97XUD4H. My favorite of the bunch is the ASRock extreme 6 becuase it has dual M.2 slots, one of which is ultra M.2. It really is a feature packed motherboard. Great for the price. Go for quality parts rather than color matching. Don't worry about color matching for your first build is my advice.

Also get yourself a heatsink so you can overclock your CPU. The whole point of buying a "K" cpu is overclocking, as is the point of buying Z97 (that and SLI/CFX). The minimum I'd suggest is a Hyper 212 EVO. They are $30 US so probably about 22GBP. You might also want to pick up a tube of Noctua NTH1 thermal compound as the compound that comes with the Hyper 212 is a little cruddy. That's another 5 GBP or so. Not entirely necessary though.

I really would steer you towards that ASRock board as it is packed with features and nothing beats it for the price. It's a nice baby blue color if that helps it's case at all. 

You're on the right track, your build looks good. Shame it doesn't have an SSD. Even a 128GB SSD (50GBP or so) would go a long way. 

One way to get the money for the SSD would be to knock the power supply down to a bronze rated unit. There are plenty of quality bronze units for 40-60GBP out there that are perfectly adequate for your build. I would say that it would be more bang for your buck-- or rather, bang for your quid, to buy an SSD and a lower end PSU. It makes a world of difference to have your OS and favorite programs installed on SSD, believe me. Any time I use a computer where the primary drive is a hard drive I cry a little bit. 

Did you not pick an SSD because you were confused about how to run a system with 2 drives? That's common amongst beginners. It's really very easy and I can walk you through it.

Have you ever built a PC before or is this your first time? Is there anything you're not sure about?

If I were you I would have spent less money on the case, given that your overall budget is not that high. Generally, you want to make everything around the same "price range". Mid range this, mid range that. Going low end on one part and high end on another ruins the overall "chi" of  the system, if you will, and destroys performance per $.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/mistersprinkles/saved/kLNscf

^Check out this build I put together for you. It keeps the parts you wanted but goes for a cheaper (perfectly good) Power supply and adds a very good, and affordable SSD.

By the way, I sent you a private message. Check it out. I'm trying to help you as much as possible. 

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I would suggest the ASUS Z97-A, the ASRock Extreme 4 or Extreme 6 or the Gigabyte GAZ97XUD4H. My favorite of the bunch is the ASRock extreme 6 becuase it has dual M.2 slots, one of which is ultra M.2. It really is a feature packed motherboard. Great for the price. Go for quality parts rather than color matching. Don't worry about color matching for your first build is my advice.

Also get yourself a heatsink so you can overclock your CPU. The whole point of buying a "K" cpu is overclocking, as is the point of buying Z97 (that and SLI/CFX). The minimum I'd suggest is a Hyper 212 EVO. They are $30 US so probably about 22GBP. You might also want to pick up a tube of Noctua NTH1 thermal compound as the compound that comes with the Hyper 212 is a little cruddy. That's another 5 GBP or so. Not entirely necessary though.

I really would steer you towards that ASRock board as it is packed with features and nothing beats it for the price. It's a nice baby blue color if that helps it's case at all. 

Thanks a lot man. Some great suggestions. I'll defo go with a heatsink.

Thanks a lot man. Some great suggestions. I'll defo go with a heatsink.

Check  your private messages (the envelope icon near the top right of the page)

BTW the board I picked exactly matches the color of your RAM  B)

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.