Mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX switches

death_razer

Hey... I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard... But kinda confused between all the cherry mx switches.. I really liked the k70(normal caz the rgb is way too expensive) ..note that I'll be using this for gaming as well as most of the time for coding... If anybody could recommend me which key switch woyld b best for my purpose ... any other suggestions for keyboard is appreciated..... Thanks..

Hey... I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard... But kinda confused between all the cherry mx switches.. I really liked the k70(normal caz the rgb is way too expensive) ..note that I'll be using this for gaming as well as most of the time for coding... If anybody could recommend me which key switch woyld b best for my purpose ... any other suggestions for keyboard is appreciated..... Thanks..

Where do you live? 

Got a preferred switch type? 

I used to have a K70, and then I got an arrow in the knee and that was the end of..

No the back-lights went, which pissed me off, then their shockingly crap RMA process also pissed me off. 

Currently have a CODE keyboard on it's way with MX Greens. 

Are you bothered by back-lighting? Do you want Ten keyless? Do you like the gaming style keyboards, or do you prefer something a bit cleaner? Without all the flashy stuff and the tramp-stamp logos? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

If anybody could recommend me which key switch woyld b best for my purpose ... any other suggestions for keyboard is appreciated..... Thanks..

It's all personal preference, I recommend getting a switch sampler and seeing which switch feels best for you.

Where do you live? 

Got a preferred switch type? 

I used to have a K70, and then I got an arrow in the knee and that was the end of..

No the back-lights went, which pissed me off, then their shockingly crap RMA process also pissed me off. 

Currently have a CODE keyboard on it's way with MX Greens. 

Are you bothered by back-lighting? Do you want Ten keyless? Dto you like the gaming style keyboards, or do you prefer something a bit cleaner? Without all the flashy stuff and the tramp-stamp logos? 

preferably the brown & red....i live in halifax, ns, canada.....and i dont think so there is any store who has it :(

i really like backlit....i cant work without 10 keyless..so i need it for sure

..cleaner is better...it looks more professional.....

It's all personal preference, I recommend getting a switch sampler and seeing which switch feels best for you.

hmm...but its really hard to get one here...caz i live in a lonely desert......damn i hate this place...!!!!

I'm using Cherry MX Blue personally, a little too noisy at night though but still tolerable for me.  :wub: 

Here's a guide for you! :)

http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

PCPARTPICKER: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHJMmG CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Gigabyte AMD R9-290 4GB GDDR5 Windforce OC

Cooling: XSPC RayStorm + EK-VGA Supremacy + X2O 750 Dual Bayres/Pump (Black) V4 + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
RAM: KVR 2x8GB Low Profile PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W Storage: Samsung 840 256GB + Toshiba 2.5'' 1TB Case: CM Storm Trooper

I just got a Ducky Shine 3 with Browns. I really like them. Not as tactile as I'd been led to believe but waaay less noisy than Blues. I'm still getting used to it but I'm liking it more everyday.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

preferably the brown & red....i live in halifax, ns, canada.....and i dont think so there is any store who has it :(

i really like backlit....i cant work without 10 keyless..so i need it for sure

..cleaner is better...it looks more professional.....

Firstly I would get something like this: Cherry Switch Sampler

Tester_05__36815.1410845262.1280.1280.jp

So you know what switch you like, then you can go from there. 

I personally gave my k70 with blues back and decided to go for the CODE V2 With green switches: 

Photo1.jpg

I found the blue's a bit too light of a switch. (I need to feel the feels, plus it can help me build up finger strength for guitar :) )..that's the plan anyway

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I will probably go with the brown or the red... Any more suggestions with Cherry mx and red back light?

If you would like to give browns a try and you would also like to have macros, media keys, backlighting, big and heavy with an arm rest and rubberized WASD, I gotta say I have no regrets buying the G710+.

Good luck.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

If you would like to give browns a try and you would also like to have macros, media keys, backlighting, big and heavy with an arm rest and rubberized WASD, I gotta say I have no regrets buying the G710+.

Good luck.

i also liked the G710+ which had everything i need but doesnt match my colout scheme....same for the G502..... :/

I use the k70 and made the decision earlier today to switch to brown from blue. Supposedly due to the nature of how the LEDs are placed or something make them prone to failure from static discharge or something (a bonus of the new gaming line is that this is less likely to happen). Not something that bothers me since I never planned on using the backlighting anyway.

As for the switches.. I'd recommend getting a tester or seeing if you can go into a store to play around with a few. Not a luxury I have in the UK. You say you plan to use for both gaming and coding so I'd recommend the brown over the red (not that I have any extensive experience with reds) because of the tactile feedback. The bump is really light, so light I don't think it'd be any worse for gaming than reds (unless you were a diehard gamer or something and you need your equipment to be exactly how you like it - and no feedback is how you like it - or else you don't perform). First few strokes I made coming off my blues I was wondering if there was any tactile feedback at all, that's how light it is.

If you care more about how it looks than how it performs you'll probably deeply regret it in the future.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I use the k70 and made the decision earlier today to switch to brown from blue. Supposedly due to the nature of how the LEDs are placed or something make them prone to failure from static discharge or something (a bonus of the new gaming line is that this is less likely to happen). Not something that bothers me since I never planned on using the backlighting anyway.

As for the switches.. I'd recommend getting a tester or seeing if you can go into a store to play around with a few. Not a luxury I have in the UK. You say you plan to use for both gaming and coding so I'd recommend the brown over the red (not that I have any extensive experience with reds) because of the tactile feedback. The bump is really light, so light I don't think it'd be any worse for gaming than reds (unless you were a diehard gamer or something and you need your equipment to be exactly how you like it - and no feedback is how you like it - or else you don't perform). First few strokes I made coming off my blues I was wondering if there was any tactile feedback at all, that's how light it is.

did u order the RGB??

If you care more about how it looks than how it performs you'll probably deeply regret it in the future.

yeah i know....lets see...will probably find sth in black friday or boxing day 

hmm...but its really hard to get one here...caz i live in a lonely desert......damn i hate this place...!!!!

Yeah man, I bought a k70 with reds.

I LOVE it as my first mech, but I do regret not having to ability to try all the colours before buying...

I'm in the same situation - far end of Australia where there's nothing but 'roos.

I am looking for a MX sampler though - as it'd be a shame to not see what they're all about.

Yeah man, I bought a k70 with reds.

I LOVE it as my first mech, but I do regret not having to ability to try all the colours before buying...

I'm in the same situation - far end of Australia where there's nothing but 'roos.

I am looking for a MX sampler though - as it'd be a shame to not see what they're all about.

i really like the K70...but i heard that the led fall off after an year or so on older K70....

Firstly I would get something like this: Cherry Switch Sampler

Tester_05__36815.1410845262.1280.1280.jp

that image just made me realize all i own is the heavier switches greens, clears and blacks lol

i really like the K70...but i heard that the led fall off after an year or so on older K70....

they were not falling off but burning out. I don't know if this is still a problem with the newer boards or not

that image just made me realize all i own is the heavier switches greens, clears and blacks lol

they were not falling off but burning out. I don't know if this is still a problem with the newer boards or not

I should of worded that better, falling off as in falling off the cliff meaning dying.

But yeah your right! :)

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf