350D pre-installed motherboard standoffs?

Genecidalic

So today my 350D came in and I quickly began assembling my computer however its now time to install the motherboard but my case seemed to only come with one standoff screw (It was out of the bag which contained the other screws) but when I look inside my case it seems like there are already standoffs pre inserted. Does anyone know if I use those or call corsair for the stand off screws?

So today my 350D came in and I quickly began assembling my computer however its now time to install the motherboard but my case seemed to only come with one standoff screw (It was out of the bag which contained the other screws) but when I look inside my case it seems like there are already standoffs pre inserted. Does anyone know if I use those or call corsair for the stand off screws?

try unscrewing one of standoffs,and compare with the other standoff in the bag.

if they look the same then just install the motherboard onto the preinstalled standoffs,if not then call corsair.

my guess is that since it's a m-atx case they assume you're goin to install a m-atx motherboard and try to save you some work.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Well I would guess that if there isn't anymore standoffs (unless if it is a mistake from Corsair ofcourse) it should be enough with the pre-installed ones, I wouldn't mind if there is a screw missing in like one of the holes in the motherboard if it's attached firmly in all the other holes, but if it misses like 3 or 4 I think you should write to Corsair support.

My Gaming PC: i5 2500k @ 4.6 GHz, ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard, Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler, Corsair XMS3 8 GB 1333MHz RAM (2x4), MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5 @ 1050-1100 MHz (Twin Frozr 3), Intel 330 Series SSD 120 GB, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD, Corsair Carbide 500r Case, FSP Aurum Series Gold 700w PSU.

Keyboard: Corsair K90, Mouse: Corsair M60, Mousemat: Razer Vespula, Headset: SteelSeries 5Hv3, Monitor: ASUS VG248QE.

try unscrewing one of standoffs,and compare with the other standoff in the bag.

if they look the same then just install the motherboard onto the preinstalled standoffs,if not then call corsair.

I did the ones on the case are hexed shaped but they look a little bit smaller then the one that was in the bag. However I'm not sure if that one was supposed to come because all of the other screws were in their own little bags but this one was just kind of there

my Corsair 600T the stand offs were preinstalled in ATX positions.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

also some of there cases like the 300R didn't come with any, all it had was a raised area. That one stand off is for the middle of the board. Then the rest screws in to the case

Edit* After looking at this case it seems the standoffs are already installed the 1 you get is for the middle.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

hope you post picture int he build log of your 350D build. love to see it. 350D is one of the cases i'm looking at to replace my 600T and my atx mobo.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Hmm, I have owned the 350D.  I believe you do not need the stand off screw at all.  There is one came pre-installed, and that one allows you to quickly line up the hole.  

Can you post a photo of it?  At least for me, I was able to install my matx Gigabyte motherboard.

Hmm, I have owned the 350D.  I believe you do not need the stand off screw at all.  There is one came pre-installed, and that one allows you to quickly line up the hole.  

Can you post a photo of it?  At least for me, I was able to install my matx Gigabyte motherboard.

Dude your kind of late I figured it all out. And that extra one comes with the case it says so on the little pamphlet that tells you what it all comes with I just don't know what it was for

Dude your kind of late I figured it all out. And that extra one comes with the case it says so on the little pamphlet that tells you what it all comes with I just don't know what it was for

Haha, I just noticed.  yah that is kinda late.   Anyway, glad to hear everything work out.       

As far as I know, stand off dimensions are standardized, as are many other screws for future reference.

Corsair pre-installs the standoffs in their cases. The extra one is because they usually have a ball-ended standoff in the middle position, so you can position the motherboard properly. You can't put a screw into that middle standoff, the extended ball just goes into the center mounting hole to line the rest up easily.