No startup after windows loading

tornados2111

I got some new parts for my computer today. Originally I had an Antec (450W or 550W power supply not completely sure but I think it's 550W), 7870 graphics card, HDD and the other parts were upgraded. So I got 8Gb 1866Mhz of Mushkin Red Line memory, a gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 motherboard and an FX-6300. The computer starts up properly. I have access to the bios, even selected the HDD to boot from. 

I have 2 OSs on my HDD, Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Windows 7 begins to load with the animation forming the Windows logo but then just restarts. Ubuntu mouse and keyboard isn't working (although doesn't have to be the computer's problem, it's been a long time since I launched Ubuntu anyway). 

I'm not sure why this is happening. I know that the graphics card and HDD are working because they worked earlier before I got the new parts.

I suspect a couple of things. First of all that it's not enough power. Second is that the RAM is not being recognised. The only thing I can find about RAM in the BIOS is that it's 1600Mhz (in fact it's actually 1866Mhz) and nothing about the amount (it's 8GB). I set the RAM up in slot 1 and 2 (looked at the diagram on the motherboard)

Is there any troubleshooting that I can do to figure out what is wrong?

Thanks

I sound like you might have a problem with the power supply. Have you double or triple checked the cable that goes to the motherboard and to the graphicscard? 

I could also be the RAM. Are you sure that the RAM is compatible with the motherboard. Try and set the RAM to 1333 MHz or even lower too see if it boots.

Since i haven't had this problem myself I am kinda shotting in the dark here, so it would be nice if someone could chip in 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I do not see how it could be a problem with the graphics card or motherboard power since the computer is booting up and I see what should be on the monitor. The ram is compatible with the motherboard - it's ddr3.

can't seem to find how to under lock the ram but I will post back if I figure it out.

I found out that the bios recognises the ram and I figures out how to under lock. Got the RAM to 800Mhz and processor to 1.6Ghz. Still no luck. Any ideas? I don't think it can be the power supply problem since i underclocked touse less power...

I figured out that Ubuntu is actually working (made a stupid mistake earlier). Now I am ultra confused. I know that windows works on my HDD because I was using it earlier today before the upgrade and linux is working. But why can't I boot from windows?

I tried safe mode in windows and it stops at one of the system32 drivers, that is classpnp.sys. Did a quick google and couldn't find anything

Try re-installing Windows and see if that helps

or

You have some sort of conflict with Ubuntu and it causes it to shutdown/restart.

Your best bet is to reinstall Windows 7 by itself, not Ubuntu, then see if the problem is fixed. If it is, then install Ubuntu again and if the problem comes back, its Ubuntu.

If you upgraded your MB..than the chipsets will be causing windows to stop loading..try windows in safe mode and remove all your older GPU and chipset drivers.. 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..