My H440 watercooled (black/Red)

clementk

I know black and red is really common but i have never done red and black in a build before and the parts where easy to get a cheaper then if i went with something like white and black.

Okay this is my first water cooled build and i will be doing updates as it gets closer to the end of the build where all the parts are done.So far its only on air as i am awaiting my Watercooling parts will be coming within the next week.

Here is the part list of all the parts i used and have already ordered still need to get custom cables and another SSD and some fans to replace some of the stock H440 fans.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7jHJZL

Stage One (Planing)

here is some renders i did to see how it will look and how it will fit with all the parts in.

had to change some of them and redo them as i was going to go with the H220-x but now i got the H240-x so had to do some re-sizing.

http://imgur.com/a/TTmnu

(if you really want to see it closer here is a google sketchup file :  https://mega.co.nz/#!RUQRTILQ!GgiRgrSjPcxnHeLNhWpJU4QP8ygAU8S0krS_HAc8naU )

*just wanted to say i did not do all the models on the render i did find some of them on free model sites where people have shared some of the stuff they used but i did have to change most of them and do all the asembeling as well as the tubing and cables and the H240-X and the motherboard and the fans. Also had to redo some of the parts that where not current on the H440

Stage Two(Air)

http://imgur.com/a/UPGKB

Basic installing and just testing on air while i wait for water cooling stuff 

i just had to make a red intel sticker it was just to much to have that one blue sticker in the build.

Stage Three(Parts for Watercooling)

This is where i am now i have order all the parts just waiting for some of them to arrive this is what i got so far.

http://imgur.com/a/mtsGK

i am now waiting for the H240-x and the H220 radiator.will be arriving next week and i will do update. 

Needs Update

Snowblind?

Shit man, liked just for that. Nice build as well, my only gripe is how the motherboard is a bit low end.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You stole my build.....

Jk should be awsome :D

Snowblind?

Shit man, liked just for that. Nice build as well, my only gripe is how the motherboard is a bit low end.

Its mid range not low end...

Snowblind?

yeah its not the most expensive but it was a steal at the price i got it for at microcenter $200 for the i5 - 4690k + $49 for the motherboard and i was really suprized with all the ekstra stuff it comes with might make a review of it. it might look low end but its really a nice solid board for the price i got it :)

Needs Update

You stole my build.....

Jk should be awsome :D

lol nice build yourself ^^  wish i had that motherboard :P 

Needs Update

Its mid range not low end...

I didn't say it was low end, I said it was a bit low end.

And I still consider it on the higher end of low end for it's lack of a full width layout, 6 SATA ports, only 4 fan headers (including CPU and CPU_OPT), lack of onboard controls, finished I/O backplate and overall bare-ness while having SLI.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I didn't say it was low end, I said it was a bit low end.

And I still consider it on the higher end of low end for it's lack of a full width layout, less than 6 SATA ports, only 4 fan headers (including CPU and CPU_OPT), lack of onboard controls, finished I/O backplate and overall bare-ness while having SLI.

it had 6 Sata :) 4 if you use Sata Express under the GPU there is 2x Sata Express ports for 4 normal sata and there are 2 more lower on the board. also a M.2 port but can only use sata express or M.2 :)

And i was thinking of making some kind of a I/O shield but not sure out of what. wish i had 3D printer :(

Needs Update

it had 6 Sata :) 4 if you use Sata Express under the GPU there is 2x Sata Express ports for 4 normal sata and there are 2 more lower on the board. also a M.2 port but can only use sata express or M.2 :)

And i was thinking of making some kind of a I/O shield but not sure out of what. wish i had 3D printer :(

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Just Instaled the H-240X + 240 rad and now testing the performance with my 780 + 4690k so far insanely cool :) 

Needs Update

What LED's are you using on the side panel ?

lol ikea TV LED's had them laying around and they are RGB so i just stuck them in there :) 

Needs Update

Nice build man, I did something pretty pretty similar to that. here http://pcpartpicker.com/b/BjBPxr 

Thanks yeah after using it now for a bit with the watercooling i will record some becnchmarks and then upload them and do the final Update :) .

Needs Update

lol ikea TV LED's had them laying around and they are RGB so i just stuck them in there :)

Did you power them through molex ?

Did you power them through molex ?

they can be powered by the PC but i just left it on the plug and just put the cable thou one of the old watercooling grommets at the back of the case. but if you want to power it with the PC i checked and the uses 12V power so molex would work fine :)

Needs Update

Update 2:

in this update i will show the instalation of the watercooling and the final build but i will have one more update where i do the benchmarking and tests to show just how good the H-240x + 240mm rad works .

First you need to get all the stuff you need to watercool.

D1XkfEE.jpg

after i made sure that the h240-x runs nice and does not leak before i even installed it i had to drain the default coolent that came with the H-240xThe fill port was really really tight and i managed to bend a penny with it.I also replaced the put outlet with the standerd G1/4 fitting adapter and used one of the EK fitting on it as it is a visible fitting.

http://imgur.com/a/Og90N

Next i installed the 2 ekstra NZXT fans that i got with the case in a push pull config to the 240mm rad( the other fans are swiftech 120mm Helix fans that came with the Rad)The reason i went with push pull here was because the H440 is very restricted i found that it does help push push air with the 4 fans rather then 2.They are the only intake fans and have a filter to help keep dust out.

http://imgur.com/a/AEaNt

Next i started with the CPU waterblock and instaled it with some of the swiftech thermal past that they provided.my pan was to handle this like a custom cooling solution and install all the parts and then fill it up.

http://imgur.com/a/vde0t

Next I stated with the tubing starting with some of the bends i wanted to make sure worked before going on with the build.

http://imgur.com/a/vWqTa

then i finally started to fill it up and test for leaks i used a old 300W PSU and just let the put run off of that sparing me to make sure all the connectors are unplugged.(at this point i did not take to may pictures as i wanted to make sure i don't mess up and forget to do something.

http://imgur.com/a/uCzoh

And finaly it was done. Just to anybody that wants to use the H240-X and that is going to use the G1/4 fitting on the pump outlet i would advise ageist the way that swiftech shows on the instructions as i did have a leak at the fitting connection that i had to fix by removing the res and pump from the rad and then screwing in the fitting and then i worked perfectly no leaks.

Another note if you plan on doing something like this make sure to fill the H240-x in the upright position (vertical)with the pump and res in the air as it much faster since the fillport is next to the res if it is horizontal.

here are some final pictures the only thing i need to still do is the custom cable sleving that i will get to later.Will do one more update this weekend of next week with some beanchmarks and temps to let everyone know how the H240-x works in a custom loop.

http://imgur.com/a/wEjUV

Needs Update

Just wanted to give a update i did some Overclocking and i got my CPU stable at 4.6 with a 1.28v and i got my 780 to a 1371 Core clock and and 3400 mem clock with a 1.25V on the core all running at about 50 C full load and 60-70C on cpu with intel burn in test. after about 2 hours of battlefield 4 my cpu and GPU where both at about 60C with a ambient temp of about 20C (AC) 

Needs Update

• 1 month later...

Finally got some some sleeved cables and will upload some pictures of them as soon as i can :) as far as the overclock it still running stable and i have also gotten a new 21:9 screen and a new Corsair k70 build is staring to come to and end.

Needs Update

• 1 month later...

How thick are your top fans and the top rad? My mainboard (asus z97 pro gamer) has a heatsink nearly to the edge so could I fit in a 30mm thick 360mm rad with 25mm corsair sp fans in there without touching the mainboard heatsink?

Nice build btw :D

i5 4690k / Zotac GTX 970 / 16gb HyperX Fury Black / NZXT H440 Red

I will check when i get home what is the clearance but even with my MB is was a tight fit with the CPU 4/8 pin that 

Thanks will upload some more Pic i have HyperX RAM now and red / black cable sleeving.

and will need to redo the loop soon need to replace the res on the 240-x When it arrives from RMA( There was a small crack in it and they sent me a new Res to replace it )

Needs Update

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to make a Update. The build is now mostly completed as far as i was planing ( might replace the side window with glass later)

Will be posting some pics and benchmarks in the week ahead. i reently changed my antec 620w withe a corsair RM850 and instaled the NZXT Grid+ and redid some of the Fans.

got some cable sleveing as wel as Nice Ram :D 

Needs Update