DIY motherboard Shield(cover)

clementk

This is just what i did today as i am waiting for my watercooling parts and i really wanted to start to do something.

this was done with stuff i just found in my room and did not need to buy anything so its a bit geto but i came out really good so i though i would share it hoop you like it.

firstly i wanted to say sorry i did not plan to post this so i did start to take pictures a bit late but it is simple to see what i did.

I start with a piece of plastic that i cut out of my Logitech G930 heasphones box the corner to be exact.

http://imgur.com/3yePa5k

Then i toke some type and started to do the details for me its just 2 simple stripes you need to do the details first and use acrylic paint but on the inside so you don't see the brush marks.As shown by the pictures

http://imgur.com/a/m0oQ1

After you did your details you can just finish with the other color for me this was Black.

if you did it right your should look like this 

http://imgur.com/a/9Ek7u

and finely all i did was add a small piece of the same plastic and used it to screw it in with the motherboard screw.

http://imgur.com/a/DAxpy

Again sorry for this not being a tutorial on how to do it like i said was not planing on it just though some of the pictures might be good in my build log but then i saw someone asking about it 

*it looks much better in person as the flash it a bit to strong and just shows to much :D

will do a follow up post on how i also did it to the Ram to make it look a bit better ( since the ram is a ugly blue and i want to get some other ram latter i though why not :))

Needs Update

This is a perfect... wish motherboard makers would stop with the stupid brownish PCB... 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This is a perfect... wish motherboard makers would stop with the stupid brownish PCB... 

yeah but its only when i dont use a flash then i just looks black :) 

Needs Update

I've been meaning to get around to this...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Really nice result but the most impressive thing IMO is the base materials you used to make it :D

It is cool but if you want to make a tutorial please do it with proper grammar.

(dont want to be a GM-NAZI here, buy hey)

It is cool but if you want to make a tutorial please do it with proper grammar.

(dont want to be a GM-NAZI here, buy hey)

Hey, like i said i did not intend to make the a tutorial ,I just saw someone ask about it on the forms.English is my second language and i do think that it is good enough.Just keep in mind that the forums are world wide and mode other country's have English as a second language.

Needs Update

• 3 weeks later...

Thats awesome, hugely impressed indeed

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Pretty cool. Cooler than the fake heatspreaders on that RAM you ended up doing later on. I like this.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

That is really cool, definitely going to do this if i ever get a mobo with exposed top i/o thingie.
Not that i will ever build a system where the top of the i/o ports show, they are ugly as f¤%k.

Good creativity :)

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

• 2 months later...