Corsair new mice, Sabre Laser RGB and Sabre Optical RGB

GriggsCK

Are you saying there is a problem with it? It worked perfectly fine with my $30 mouse from a pretty small company...

A problem with software implemented keybinds? No. I'm not sure how professional gaming views software like that, though. Just saying they might only work with 5 buttons if software isn't allowed because Windows only recognizes the 5 mouse buttons natively, on a standardized system for example.

Windows only natively supports 5 mouse buttons. Any additional buttons require software to be remapped to other keys.

Not true many are hardware programmable and show up as an additional hid device, like a keyboard. Only if you would like to reprogram these would you need software. Also I expected mice to not have locked dpi and its far easier to handle this in software than on the mouse.

A problem with software implemented keybinds? No. I'm not sure how professional gaming views software like that, though. Just saying they might only work with 5 buttons if software isn't allowed because Windows only recognizes the 5 mouse buttons natively, on a standardized system for example.

mice kike the G700 have 5 onboard profiles which once programmed require no driver what so ever.

Not true many are hardware programmable and show up as an additional hid device, like a keyboard. Only if you would like to reprogram these would you need software.

But it's being recognized as a keyboard, to perform keystrokes associated with a keyboard, is it not? I'm just saying Windows gives you Mouse1 through Mouse5 as their own buttons. For example with an M95 mouse I had, several of the side buttons (past M5) could not be assigned independently. I had to first assign the mouse button to a keystroke like "X" and then use "X" for the action, otherwise the button is unrecognized.

mice kike the G700 have 5 onboard profiles which once programmed require no driver what so ever.

That would use the basic Windows mouse and keyboard drivers to function as programmed. Like this:

5b3e530ad4.png

I really don't think so. They are closer to a cooler Master. If you want to see a Razer clone that makes me sad inside look at SteelSeries. Why did it have to happen, why!

Well, SteelSeries started as a mousepad manufacturer, whereas Razer started as a mouse manufacturer. Before SS branched into mice, they were already doing the Siberia headsets, which were popular in some circles, but their first mice were IMOs and IME3.0's with custom paintjobs that sold out whenever they put them for sale. And really, both of these companies are still strong in what they started at: QcK is still an extremely popular mousepad and the DeathAdder and Naga are among  the most popular mice.

If you ask me, SS is putting a bit too much effort into worthless tie-ins with games (Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, etc) that are just custom paintjobs, whereas Razer is pushing out quantity rather than quality with a lot of their mice.

Personally, at this point I'm hoping that one of the smaller manufacturers would rise to dominate the shit out of Razer/SS/Logitech, such as Mionix or Zowie.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

But it's being recognized as a keyboard, to perform keystrokes associated with a keyboard, is it not? I'm just saying Windows gives you Mouse1 through Mouse5 as their own buttons. For example with an M95 mouse I had, several of the side buttons (past M5) could not be assigned independently. I had to first assign the mouse button to a keystroke like "X" and then use "X" for the action, otherwise the button is unrecognized.

That would use the basic Windows mouse and keyboard drivers to function as programmed. Like this:

5b3e530ad4.png

When I program my extra buttons I just set then to what ever they are in that specific game and done. What other way do you want them to work and how is that at all bad.

Here my G402 shows up as this in device manager (by connection):

G402DeviceManagerbyConnection.png

Well, SteelSeries started as a mousepad manufacturer, whereas Razer started as a mouse manufacturer. Before SS branched into mice, they were already doing the Siberia headsets, which were popular in some circles, but their first mice were IMOs and IME3.0's with custom paintjobs that sold out whenever they put them for sale. And really, both of these companies are still strong in what they started at: QcK is still an extremely popular mousepad and the DeathAdder and Naga are among  the most popular mice.

If you ask me, SS is putting a bit too much effort into worthless tie-ins with games (Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, etc) that are just custom paintjobs, whereas Razer is pushing out quantity rather than quality with a lot of their mice.

Personally, at this point I'm hoping that one of the smaller manufacturers would rise to dominate the shit out of Razer/SS/Logitech, such as Mionix or Zowie.

They actually did a bunch of stuff. When I wrote up my original WOW mouse review I went over a bunch of this because they had just bought out ideazon which is who made that mouse and in my opinion when the stared going down hill. Their first products were Icemat and steelsound if I recall off hand. back in the day the gaming headsets were pretty good and groundbreaking design wise. They were also some of the few that actually had decent mic's. I believe they might have had the first mechanical gaming keyboard with their 6G and their 7G was my first mechanical board which I bought on launch and used until i worse through the caps 4 years later. Im currently trying to refurbish it after replacing teh caps and lending it to a friend for a number of years but the wrist wrest was lost and steelseries wont sell me one.

the QCK is only popular because it is decent and cheap. the thing is unless you get the heavy or the mass they wear out rather quickly. I also dont really liek soft pads all that much and they all but abandoned their great hard pad lineup, which razer and now filled.

The DA and Naga (especially the 2014) are great mice but teh rest no so much. The taipan and ouroborus are just alright. Oh there is the asia only Krait 2014 thats great but only for small hands. I think on average they probably have less goo mince now than they once did. I also dont know why they choose subpar sensors and other things in their top end mice.

SS learned the tie ins from ideazon who was the king with their Z board. I imagine its a direction that they want to go after seeing razer succeed with it (money wise). Razer pushes out more tie in stuff than steelseries does from what I see. For some stuff they even create new, shittier than normal, tie in peripherals.

Thing is I think logitech still does the best job, especially for those with palm grip. They are also the only ones that have made proper gaming mice with longer than 2 sec battery life's. Razer have the acting like a wired mouse but wireless down fine but their power saving is nill. Roccat is probably right behind Razer right now and has just as many if not more gimmiks on may of their products. Also finding an actual good mousepad is becoming harder as most places just have brander cloth ones that are the exact same as another brands. I dont see much hope in Zowie, except for those extremely picky mouse people that are will to pay more for less to get something "flawless". I think mionix is sitting good with their two mice for now. they also have a decent keyboard.

Either way the optical Sabre is on my list of mice to prick up as well as the M45 which I still havnt gotten my hands on. I actually just ordered up the ASUS ROG Gladius and will possibly soon have the Razer Deathadder Chroma for direct comparison.

I tried this mouse at Pax. It apparently even has onboard memory. Corsair may have just won me over

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

When I program my extra buttons I just set then to what ever they are in that specific game and done. What other way do you want them to work and how is that at all bad.

Well, it'd be cool if additional mouse buttons could be free from keyboard bindings, but I never said it was bad. Just offering a reason for the guy that wanted to know why some mice only had two side buttons. :unsure:

Well I'm not whining about it, and I'm not the one typing in all caps, lol. If I was, I would be signing those dumb change.org petitions people started. Corsair can do what they want. They're just making very strange decisions and it doesn't look good. Least Cooler Master does PR work from time to time.

Meh. I agree. But they really had no idea that the new logo would attract so much hate, and when they changed it, more people got angry because it "represented weakness". Also its hard to do PR for a product when you have an audience of 50 million people (i don't know exactly).

TRAMP STAMP 

XBAw9pZ.png

needs a bigger right claw and that would have been an awesome logo