So Close Yet So Far

bossman111

Exactly the same happened to me, went to a neighbours house and found a huge eBay box had been transferred to them as my 980 was supposed to arrive that week. Opened it and it was my dad's new shiny trainers lol!

Luckily it arrived the next week without fail, better late than never

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

we need food to survive, we dont need a GPU. so yeah, u got some extra life help from the fruit snacks

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

At least you get to keep the fruit snacks...

Actually Amazon told me I have to return the fruit snacks in order to get a refund Q_Q

They're out of stock too Q_Q

They have some zotac ones that are in and i guess they just sold out all their reference ones.

They have some zotac ones that are in and i guess they just sold out all their reference ones.

Zotac has horrible cooling..... And my build is going to be air cooled not water cooled.....So the overall temp in my case may be high.....So I'd much rather go with EVGA Q_Q

But on the bright side, at least if the GTX 980 Ti or GM200 decides to be released by December....I will consider this to be an act of GOD pointing me towards GPU perfection ._.

Just an update.

Amazon contacted me today to tell me that they were sorry for the mix-up and that I can keep the snacks or "dispose" of them. :mellow:

So I guess I got free candy out of this deal....Of course I now have to wait another month to get my GTX 980's....

Soooooo Yeah I guess that's that.....

And here's a bunny

(\  /)
(-.-)

(><)

++

Just an update.

Amazon contacted me today to tell me that they were sorry for the mix-up and that I can keep the snacks or "dispose" of them. :mellow:

So I guess I got free candy out of this deal....Of course I now have to wait another month to get my GTX 980's....

Soooooo Yeah I guess that's that.....

And here's a bunny

(\  /)

(-.-)

(><)

++

So sorry to hear that bro. hope u enjoy them when they arrive ( and i got annoyed when my 980 was 1 week late lol). 

So sorry to hear that bro. hope u enjoy them when they arrive ( and i got annoyed when my 980 was 1 week late lol). 

Thanks ^_^

They're not sending me the item as they are out of stock, but they said they would send me refund.....

And I already maxed my credit card buying it lol so....I have to wait for the refund to pay off the credit card and then I can buy it off newegg or superbizz..... :(

I wonder if the person who received your gpu's had to return them by Amazon's request.

I wonder if the person who received your gpu's had to return them by Amazon's request.

Nah most probably they're the evil ones who decided to sell the EVGA GPU's on amazon for like $100 more......And it says 2 left in stock to boot  -_-

UPDATE: Okay so I just decided to order 2x Gigabyte G1 980's from amazon because they had them in stock and they have better cooling as well sooooo......yeahhhh...

overclock the life out of them.. i would like to see ur overclocking results. And i hope these arrive ASAP after all u have been though. EVGA cards are having problems anyways

overclock the life out of them.. i would like to see ur overclocking results. And i hope these arrive ASAP after all u have been though. EVGA cards are having problems anyways

You sir are very kind.

Thank you for your concern and for lying to me about the EVGA cards it makes me feel better about my decision. :D

Sorry but, Pics or it didn't happen!

Because he had a hard drive.

its not a lie, they were having fan problems and misaligned copper pipes

Sorry but, Pics or it didn't happen!

You should have read the 1st page of this post beforehand.

I really don't see what the problem is here. You got Starburst and Mamba's? SCORE!!!!

I really don't see what the problem is here. You got Starburst and Mamba's? SCORE!!!!

Lol Yeah. I gave them to my employees though :-/

But I would've still preferred to get my GPU's..... Q_Q

Update:

THEY'RE HERE!!! FINALLY AFTER SO LONG THEY HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!! AND ON MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!

YESSSSSSS!!!!

Thanks for all your support in helping me through those dark times, it meant alot.

Now time to go test these bad boys out :D

post-151739-0-60637400-1415745056_thumb.

If you're allowed to keep the sweets. Can I have some? :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"