Droid Turbo does not deliver on battery life

guys, this test isn't accurate, as the more you use the phone for longer period of times, it actually starts improving the battery life, via software optimization, all phones do this, that's why day 1 sometimes phones may not have superb batteries

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Too bad it's not available on a 1080p display and with a slower chip: much rather have a battery champ vs a looker or performer

-------

Current Rig

-------

With a name like "turbo" it should be half an inch thick and have a massive battery and storage

I'm on Linus' side with "buisness edition" phones that are thicker and have huge batteries

Yay iphone.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'd be OK if that was heavy usage, but not even? Ehh...

^ This.. The light usage he described is VERY similar to the usage of my HTC One M7 and my phone finished the day at 50% when I got off the bus at 4:10PM, and is at 40% since I charge it overnight and isn't really used as I have a computer at home. Well I use it for texting and receiving calls at home..

Somewhat Off-topic?: I'd like to get a Nexus 6 as my next phone, but I am a little concerned about that HUGE screen.. It is a big turnoff for me. :( 5.2" is the limit for me, which I also find just right.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

^ This.. The light usage he described is VERY similar to the usage of my HTC One M7 and my phone finished the day at 50% when I got off the bus at 4:10PM, and is at 40% since I charge it overnight and isn't really used as I have a computer at home. Well I use it for texting and receiving calls at home..

Somewhat Off-topic?: I'd like to get a Nexus 6 as my next phone, but I am a little concerned about that HUGE screen.. It is a big turnoff for me. :( 5.2" is the limit for me, which I also find just right.

I have a similar story. I usually plug my phone in to charge at around 9 and will have around 30% battery. I unplug my phone at around 2am in the morning. I usually spend about half an hour just browsing the web before going to bed and use it moderately throughout the day (half an hour to 1 hour of music driving to school, same driving back), I spend a lot of my free time just browsing on safari, facebook, twitter, etc. I have no features turned off to save battery. I also have terrible signal at home, but that doesn't seem to impact battery life, or that I'm just used to it.

post-16-0-95810600-1414726579_thumb.jpg

It seems like Motorola is using low quality battery's or something my friend has a droid ultra and he gets like an hour of screen on time before the battery dies. My gs4 on the other hand even with touchwiz can have 4 hours of screen on time so something is going on with these droids

Hmmmm, maybe. My brother had a Motorola Defy XT on Republic Wireless and the phone only displayed battery percentages at intervals of 10% and wouldn't charge to 100% or something on both of them (the original and the replacement).

Damn son, feels good to be Oneplus One master race.

(Droid Turbo is still the best name for a phone, ever)

Damn son, feels good to be Oneplus One master race.

(Droid Turbo is still the best name for a phone, ever)

Oh well, this is only a preliminary result, but it doesn't look promising.