Quick question for you guys

WildChickenNutz

you can see my system specs in my bio and my question would be would my 770 make a good dedicated physx card. Im upgrading to a 970 for the vram and high oc potential.

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

No point in a dedicated physx card.  A 970 will be fine on its own.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

No point in a dedicated physx card.  A 970 will be fine on its own.

^That and a 970 isn't much of an upgrade from a 770. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

^That and a 970 isn't much of an upgrade from a 770. 

all the benchmarks says other wise oced

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

if you don't play games higher than 1080p there is no reason for you to upgrade just yet. the gtx 770 is able to max almost every game at that resolution. i would save some more money and go for the next gen be it amd or nvdida whatever will be better.

It makes no sense, I think it's better to sell the card or leave it in your system to have another card in case something happens to your new card ^^

It makes no sense, I think it's better to sell the card or leave it in your system to have another card in case something happens to your new card ^^

just thought id ask its just going to lay around collected dust i guess i can always do test to see what happends

all the benchmarks says other wise oced

It's similar to upgrading to a 780--not much of a performance bump unless the 770 can be easily sold to recoup the money. The difference is larger at higher resolutions but the OP's just using a 1080p display according to their profile.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Don't upgrade. It's just a one generation difference, hardly worth spending almost 400$ on it. Furthermore you should wait at least 3 years before you upgrade your gpu, it's the only way not to waste your money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's similar to upgrading to a 780--not much of a performance bump unless the 770 can be easily sold to recoup the money. The difference is larger at higher resolutions but the OP's just using a 1080p display according to their profile.

ive watch a but ton of vids on the card every card oc differently i know but in a lot ive watch its out performs or is on par with a 780ti 

Don't upgrade. It's just a one generation difference, hardly worth spending almost 400$ on it. Furthermore you should wait at least 3 years before you upgrade your gpu, it's the only way not to waste your money.

im going to buy it its only 339 and i can sellmy card if i need to

ive watch a but ton of vids on the card every card oc differently i know but in a lot ive watch its out performs or is on par with a 780ti 

Link? LTT's benchmarks are one of the fewer ones that actually oc the cards and the oc settings used are usually settings that the average card can hit. 

The settings are listed in their spreadsheet as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmLKAgEko3SAdHFtby1jNTFvaTF2UHhaMzdMQ0FNM2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Link? LTT's benchmarks are one of the fewer ones that actually oc the cards and the oc settings used are usually settings that the average card can hit. 

The settings are listed in their spreadsheet as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmLKAgEko3SAdHFtby1jNTFvaTF2UHhaMzdMQ0FNM2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review

The only card oc'ed was the 970 and the 770 wasn't included in the benchmark.. 

You can edit your posts instead of making multiple ones.

The only card oc'ed was the 970 and the 770 wasn't included in the benchmark.. 

You can edit your posts instead of making multiple ones.

770 cant compete with a 780ti not even close 970 how ever is a beast of a card and now your off topic i only asked if it would be good for a dedicated phyxs card instead of collecting dust

770 cant compete with a 780ti not even close 970 how ever is a beast of a card and now your off topic i only asked if it would be good for a dedicated phyxs card instead of collecting dust

Your question was answered with the first post if that's all you were asking.

Sell the 770, buy SSD's with the money.

A true gamer NEVER has enough SSD's.

Didn't noticed the OP lacked a ssd.

--But yeah, having a ssd is essential to most modern day systems imo. 

Didn't noticed the OP lacked a ssd.

--But yeah, having a ssd is essential to most modern day systems imo. 

EVO-five. -slaps ssd's together-

I can.

They're SSD's.

I really don't see the point in dissuading the OP from upgrading to a 970 from a 770, it's like a 25-30% performance increase:

perfrel_1920.gif

You will easily see a difference in games. I went from a 670 to a 780 and the difference is big enough to warrant an upgrade similar from a 770 to a 970. 

im going to buy it its only 339 and i can sellmy card if i need to

Even if you only end up spending 150$ in total (which is unlikely), it's still not worth it. After that, it's your money, I can only give you the best advice I can think of. And if you sell the card the original question makes no sense... I was assuming you'd keep it...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really don't see the point in dissuading the OP from upgrading to a 970 from a 770, it's like a 25-30% performance increase

Yeah, for 60% more money. The math doesn't agree with the upgrade being worth it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah, for 60% more money. The math doesn't agree with the upgrade being worth it.

You can sell a 770 for at least $200 on eBay. 970's cost $330 minimum, meaning the upgrade costs you a total of $130. It's entirely worth it for 25-30% increase in performance. The math agrees perfectly.

Besides, in any newer titles about to be released a 770 will be bottlenecked by its 2GB of VRAM. The main reason why I ditched my 670 months ago. The days of 2GB of VRAM for 1080p are long over.

You can sell a 770 for at least $200 on eBay. 970's cost $330 minimum, meaning the upgrade costs you a total of $130. It's entirely worth it for 25-30% increase in performance. The math agrees perfectly.

That's 38% more money (assuming he can actually get 200$ for the 770) for 25% more performance. Maybe you use a different kind of math than what I use.

In 2 years for about that money or little more he'd be able to buy a card that is twice as fast as two 770s (if not more) and destroys the 970.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*