Resetting Your Router

Hey all I'm a bit worried at what might happen if I reset my router so I'm just wondering what actually happens.

I own a Netgear CG300.
I currently cant access the Router settings through my browser as I don't know the username and password to enter it.
The reason I have thought of resetting it is so I can gain access back to these settings.

Does it change the network name and password (example what phones and laptops see on their wifi)
Will I have to configure it to get Internet back.
Basically what changes when I push the reset button as I'm hesitant in case i wont be able to access the internet anymore.

Any help is awesome, Thank you :D

Well did you ever change the username and password for the router? If not, the username & password are in your router manual. Well resetting the router won't change the network name & password( at least for me on my N600), you would have to go into the router settings to change it.

Hey all I'm a bit worried at what might happen if I reset my router so I'm just wondering what actually happens.

I own a Netgear CG300.

I currently cant access the Router settings through my browser as I don't know the username and password to enter it.

The reason I have thought of resetting it is so I can gain access back to these settings.

Does it change the network name and password (example what phones and laptops see on their wifi)

Will I have to configure it to get Internet back.

Basically what changes when I push the reset button as I'm hesitant in case i wont be able to access the internet anymore.

Any help is awesome, Thank you :D

When you reset a router it changes all of the settings back to how they came from the factory(so wifi name and password change, web portal password changes, and any other settings reset). If your router is currently connected using DHCP then it will connect to the internet immediately after the reset, but if its configured any other way you will need to input the proper settings. 

Well did you ever change the username and password for the router? If not, the username & password are in your router manual. Well resetting the router won't change the network name & password, you would have to go into the router settings to change it.

I did but I dont remember what I changed it too.... >.<

Good cause I have card which shows the SSID and passphrase and I'd like to keep it the same as that.

When you reset a router it changes all of the settings back to how they came from the factory(so wifi name and password change, web portal password changes, and any other settings reset). If your router is currently connected using DHCP then it will connect to the internet immediately after the reset, but if its configured any other way you will need to input the proper settings. 

How do you know if your router is using DHCP? 

I did but I dont remember what I changed it too.... >.<

Good cause I have card which shows the SSID and passphrase and I'd like to keep it the same as that.

You could try to do a Hard Reset to see if it works(like pressing on the reset button 15-30 seconds)

You could try to do a Hard Reset to see if it works(like pressing on the reset button 15-30 seconds)

Difference between a normal reset and a hard reset?

Resets to stock settings on hard reset, normal reset just resets the router.

Do you think a normal reset would be better as I just want to access the router settings again?

Do you think a normal reset would be better as I just want to access the router settings again?

You can just access router setting by using Ethernet and going to a specifc page and enter in the username and password

You can just access router setting by using Ethernet and going to a specifc page and enter in the username and password

I'm thinking of resetting cause i forgot the username and password i set it ages ago and havent wanted to touch it.