New PC won't post, please help!

effectiveduck

I built a computer for a friend of mine but it won't post.

Every time we turn it on the computer starts up normally but never posts. We've tried several different monitors and everyting outlined in this thread and yet it still won't post

System Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU: AMD FX-6300

RAM: G.Skill 8GB

GPU: Asus Direct CUII gtx 750ti

PSU: Corsair CX500M 500W

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

HDD: WD Green 2TB

Some LG optical drive

All in a Corsair 200R

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: i7-3770k  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S GPU: Gainward GTX570 STORAGE: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Corsair 650D MONITOR: Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD KEYBOARD: Ducky DK9008 Shine MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei SOUND: Beyerdynamic DT880 + Audioengine D1 OS: Windows 7

The thread you are referring to leaves out a very important step if I read it in detail. When building a PC you should bench test the hardware before you put it together. Put the board on a non conductive surface and install CPU one stick ram CPU power, 24 pin from the PSU and video to monitor. Short the front power leads on the boards header and it should post. That would be your next step. Most people mistakes are from installation and short on the case or temperamental ram

And as mentioned above. A Motherboard test speaker is a helpful tool

Couldn't find a speaker but replaced the mobo and cpu with an old p55 mobo with an i7-870 and it worked, i guess this means either the mobo or cpu is the issue. Any thoughts?

CPU: i7-3770k  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S GPU: Gainward GTX570 STORAGE: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Corsair 650D MONITOR: Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD KEYBOARD: Ducky DK9008 Shine MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei SOUND: Beyerdynamic DT880 + Audioengine D1 OS: Windows 7

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Couldn't find a speaker but replaced the mobo and cpu with an old p55 mobo with an i7-870 and it worked, i guess this means either the mobo or cpu is the issue. Any thoughts?

Not necessarily. Still could be a short or ram compatibility. You just showed that your other board works

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Yea, didn't help unfortunately.

Not necessarily. Still could be a short or ram compatibility. You just showed that your other board works

Ram compatibily is possible but I also tried several sticks around my house and none of them worked, which lead me to believe that its either the board or pcu.

What do you mean by short? Somethings shorting out the board?

Yea, didn't help unfortunately.

Ram compatibily is possible but I also tried several sticks around my house and none of them worked, which lead me to believe that its either the board or pcu.

What do you mean by short? Somethings shorting out the board?

Try it out of the case on a non conductive surface. like I said in a previous post. With the stock CPU cooler

Mobo box is fine yeah?