3570k any bottleneck

Im upgrading my brothers Phenom x4 965 and I can't choose between a 3570k or a 3770k. Does HyperThreading effects on gaming? He will usually be playing WarZ Battlefeild 3 and alot of others i cant remember. Hes using a Gigabyte Gtx 670 OC.

The 3570K is perfect for gaming and is pretty much the pinnacle of gaming chips these days :)

Don't worry, you will experience no bottlenecks :)

The 3570K is perfect for gaming and is pretty much the pinnacle of gaming chips these days :)

What about Hyper Threading? Would i have any performance benefit in Battle Field 3? or any other CPU based games?

What about Hyper Threading? Would i have any performance benefit in Battle Field 3? or any other CPU based games?

While BF3 does rely more on CPU than most other games, the benefit you see is very very slight. Probably 5 fps at most.

Is 5fps worth $100 to you? The 3770K is a better chip, particularly if you do rendering/editing on the side, but I don't see it as worth the money for someone who primarily games.

Something Linus did a while ago for NCIXCom -

Hyperthreading will boost the performance in BF3 but most games don't take advantages of more than 4 cores (sadly) so HT is mostly useless in games these days

Go for the 3570k and you will not regret it!! It most certainly wont bottleneck a 670 .!!

good luck :)

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Personally if you can find the 3770K for a smaller price difference so less than $100 USA then why not go for it. Your best bet would be to try Canadian dealers depending on current conversion rates. For me personally in the UK a 3770K is a better deal from canadian retailers than USA ones but for you in the USA your home retailers may be better.

With modern CPU's like the 3770 or a 3570 you aren't going to get any bottlenecks honestly. Hyperthreading is good for rendering and encoding but either way you can get basically equal performance and you can spend more money on your GPU if gaming is important. Both processors are overkill/will be fast for a few years if you are simply gaming.

IMHO, motherboards from reputable dealers. They really don't have bottlenecks anymore. If you just want a good solid board to plug components into and you don't want to be doing any crazy overclocks, or you don't need 4 PCI-E lanes or anything like that you are fine.

The more money you spend on boards the more features you get. Board looks pretty solid to me and I haven't had any crazy issues with Gigabyte boards in the past. They are a good company. Plus you can usually hackintosh gigabyte boards the easiest if you really wanted too.

Yeah gigabyte's boards are pretty good. Unless you plan to use all the features, like the multiple PCI-E slots you could go a bit cheaper. If you plan to SLI in future however it's a good choice.

SLI is probably a definite choice in the future if i'm gonna get get the CPU thanks for the help.

Just a comment towards SLI. From what I have seen rumbling around the internet, spending the extra money for a 16x/16x lane setup instead of 8x/8x doesn't really add any real world performance currently, just a few points in benchmarking. In case you were wondering.

I'dd say the gpu is the bottleneck Get the 3570k and save the money for sli