Intel Core i7 3770K V.S. Intel Core i7 3820

Basically 1155 V.S. 2011. I want to know what you guys think about both.

Performance is about the same. For the 3820 you get 2011 which will stay for some time and you can add more RAM and there are more PCIE lanes

From what I know 2011 is just for ultra high end stuff. If you doing some big rendering, CAD, super performance stuff, you may want 2011. But other wise save some bucks and go with 1155. For daily use, gaming, etc it will perform just as well. Although those two chips price out similar, I believe most 2011 boards are more expensive then 1155. You can get some pretty feature rich ones on the cheap...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

the 3820 is sandybridge and the 3770K is ivybridge,so clock for clock the 3770K is better.

if you plan on upgrading your system once it's not good enough for you,then go with lga 2011 and the 3820.it has an upgrade path.

if you plan on selling off your system once it's not good enough for you, then go with lga 1155 and the 3770K.it's the top of the line on lga 1155 and the socket is being dropped.

haswell is being released later on this year supposedly so if your okay with waiting then do so,if not then the above answers your question

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Like mvitkun says, the 3770K is the better chip clock for clock. There will be better upgrade paths with LGA 2011 though. But by the time it makes a massive difference, you'll probably need a whole new system anyway, haha.

Just looking at these results (http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/551?vs=523) and then looking at the price difference, not only for the chip but for a system, I would go the 1155 chip every time. You're not going to one day wake up and suddenly find that the chip is redundant and fails miserably. Like just about anything, products evolve over time so yes it may be outdated, but it still functions and delivers good performance up unto a certain point. If you want to be that guy who has to have the latest components when they're released, then the 2011 platform is better suited for you, but if you just need a solid chip that performs well - go the 3770K. It's also about $80-$100 cheaper based on a few comparisons of identical hardware.