Windows vs Mac OS

APatientGuy

@Valentyn I lnked the monitor earlier, it's a dell one with an ips 24" 4k panel for 750 bucks. I suggested a 970 just to make an example, a desktop r9 290 is even cheaper. Colour shift is not a problem if you use one monitor for the pictures and the other monitor for all the toolbars etc. As you said, 5k monitors will become much cheaper quickly, but even a new imac will have all the inherent issues of all in ones: some laptop hardware, a higher price than a custom built machine, the impossibility to upgrade. I agree that it makes sense for big companies though, that's one of the few fields I see it making sense in. One could argue that you could get a better desktop workstation for the price though (not 100% sure, so I won't use it as an argument although I heard great things about the z series). I can see your point about specific software, but then most of that software exists for windows too. If on the other hand you're looking for a stable working environment for other things, that's where linux steps in (windows is more than stable enough for adobe suite).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*