Looking for a new phone

boogerbuttcheeks

My old android phone has completely crapped out on me. (Freezes, restarts, mic broke, dead pixels.) I'm going to start using an old iphone 4 until I get my new phone, probably around christmas. I'm struggling to decide about which phone though. I've been considering the moto x 2014, nexus 5, htc one m8, or iphone 6.

My biggest gripe with the moto x and nexus is they're camera and storage options. I could probably be able to be content with 32gb, but I'd really rather just not have to worry about storage. The iphone 6 and htc are also expensive af LOL. Not too big of a deal, but still. The camera on the htc really bums me out. I'm also not the biggest fan of iOS.

Should I wait for the new htc one? I'd be pretty choked if it had a good camera and kept the microSD card, but I had picked up some other phone.

And does anyone know if I purchase an htc one m8 GPE ( I live in Canada ) will I even be able to buy it with a canadian credit card? On the website it says my billing country must be the same as the shipping address, and I want to ship it to the US and then just go across the border to pick it up.

Well, if you haven't heard, OnePlus is going to let people pre-order their awesome-yet-insanely-cheap OnePlus One on Monday, October 27th. It's $350 US dollars for 64GB, you can purchase a custom back, and its INSANELY CHEAP! But if you do want to buy, OnePlus is only selling it for 1 hour on Monday morning (stock is low on these unicorn phones). This phone, while very slightly outdated now, is still a beast.

Here's a link for more info: http://oneplus.net/oct27

-From the desk of Moose-

Oneplus One? You can preorder one on the 27 from 8-9 am PST. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Oneplus one is too big for me... LOL I have smallish hands

Moto X then, it is really a beast

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Oneplus one is too big for me... LOL I have smallish hands

I see. Well, what's most important to you? Because each phone has it's high points. HTC's One M8 focus is build quality. The Moto X has the best software and hardware customizability. If you want something with an awesome camera, then iPhone 6 is going to be great. The M8's camera really lacks, as well as the Moto X and Nexus 5. Battery life is also not great on the Moto X, Nexus 5, and iPhone 6 (although the iPhone is the best out of this bunch. Expect normal battery life with this phone). I had to choose between these phones just like you. I've decided on the Nexus 6. So far, it hits all the right cords (at least from what I have heard). Unfortunately, nowadays the best phones are going to be big. It's the new fad and it doesn't have any signs or stopping. 

-From the desk of Moose-

Take a look at the Sony Xperia Z3C. It's relatively smaller than new flagships at 4.6" screen, has expandable storage, big battery, bright display, front-facing speakers, and it looks better than all other phones IMO.