Lenovo Yoga Pro 3

MountainPro

Hey guys so FINALLY my Macbook died and now I need to get a new laptop because I am not fixing a 5yr old logic board. I am looking at the Lenovo yoga Pro 3 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good high quality laptops that will surely last me 3-4 years and preform the same or better than the Yoga Pro 3?

Budget- $1000-$2000 (Preferably around the Yoga Pro 3 price)

I want it to be able to word processing, browse the web, watch video, light gaming maybe but does not matter. 

Thank you for any help.

Macbook Air is a good laptop. The Pro is good too, but I love the value and battery life of the Air

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Dont need a gaming laptop and it is not reasonable for what I am doing

It's great for alot of stuff. It being great at gaming is just a bonus.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It's great for alot of stuff. It being great at gaming is just a bonus.

But I am not trying to spend alot of money price to performance is important because I have a very beefy Desktop and I am planning upgrades 

Asus UX301LA if you can afford it. It is like a work of art that is also an ultrabook.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Asus UX301LA if you can afford it. It is like a work of art that is also an ultrabook.

My brother just got that for college. Is it alot better than the Lenovo hardware wise? or are they comparable machines? 

The CPU is one of the best for an ultrabook. Lenovo is great for the money, but The Asus would be high quality all over the place. The keyboard is amazing for a laptop, The whole laptop is covered in gorilla glass and ceramic, which feels awesome, and the trackpad is arguably better than a MacBook. I went from a 17" laptop to this, and do not regret going back. I also have a Surface Pro 2, and sadly I almost never use it anymore, just to digitally sign a document.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

The CPU is one of the best for an ultrabook. Lenovo is great for the money, but The Asus would be high quality all over the place. The keyboard is amazing for a laptop, The whole laptop is covered in gorilla glass and ceramic, which feels awesome, and the trackpad is arguably better than a MacBook. I went from a 17" laptop to this, and do not regret going back. I also have a Surface Pro 2, and sadly I almost never use it anymore, just to digitally sign a document.

Is there a laptop that is more powerful and not nessesarly an ultra book even tho portability is important

If you wanna stay with Asus maybe the ASUS Zenbook UX303LN? If you can wait a little bit more and more laptops are going to be coming out with 900 series graphics, which is going to be a big improvement for mobile gaming.

If you wanna stay with Asus maybe the ASUS Zenbook UX303LN? If you can wait a little bit more and more laptops are going to be coming out with 900 series graphics, which is going to be a big improvement for mobile gaming.

Ok but for not gaming and simply work based things such as word processing. The Lenovo has had reports of its core being to underpowered so im looking into something alternative but it has to have great build quality and will last.

Ok but for not gaming and simply work based things such as word processing. The Lenovo has had reports of its core being to underpowered so im looking into something alternative but it has to have great build quality and will last.

Lenovos are great high quality workstations, which they are probably the best company for price to performance that is not completely cheap build quality (HP).

If you're willing to spend the money on a Yoga 3 I say do it. Lenovo makes high quality products and the Yoga series is fantastic. Although, it's designed more to be a 2 in 1 than anything else, annnd for that kind of moeny you could get something with probably double the power and bigger size.

If you don't need the (literal) flexibility of the Yoga, hands down get the ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

"Rawr XD"