Swivel fittings and quick disconnects

Krash
Go to solution Solved by Krash,

Thanks all.

Thanks for building my confidence with the 45's and the 90's, and I do have a D5 pump. I'm feeling better and better about this build.

Hi all,

Anyone tried out these fittings? I could use the 45* fittings just to lessen the strain on the tubing/fittings in a few places in my loop, and I'm looking at two models of quick disconnects, one from Koolance and one from Swiftech's. I was thinking about using those before and after the GPU blocks.

Let me just throw this out there too...I'm new to water cooling, I've done some heavy homework on this stuff, both through videos and also from reading you guys here on this forum, (thanks), and what I've read and watched so far it kinda looks like 90* bends, (fittings), are probably not the best idea in a water loop.....right? Two spots would look way better with them in my loop but I wouldn't want to compromise performance over aesthetics. What do you guys think? Love to hear what you've seen or even experienced with 90* bends in your loop.

"I'd rather have a mind open to wonder than one closed by beliefs." (Sartre)

As long as your pump has ample L/ph then a 45/90 bend or several will be fine. My pump is raited for 800l/hr and I have 4 90's in my loop and I can't tell a difference in flow rate.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If you have a D5 pump, it has enough power to handle the quick disconnects, they wouldn't make it so expensive if it was useless. I have myself 4 of them, each one on intlet and outlet of my 2 radiators. Maintenance was kind of a pain so I needed an easy way to remove and take things apart. I would recommand the koolance one, QD3 because the QD4 series are a bit too large. Carefull when you picked quick disconnects, you need 1 Male that goes together with 1 Female.

They are two types of quick disconnects too, one that goes directly to a block or radiator ( it has G1/4 universal) and the other that goes with your tubing size with a compression fitting on the end.

is that clear enough ?

for example :

Male or Female G1/4 + Male or Female 3/8" 5/8" tubing size

Male or Female 3/8" 5/8" tubing size + Male or Female 3/8" 5/8" tubing size

best use for them was a drain point on the lowest point, I would disconnect them, use a spare one with tubing and start draining ;)

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

Thanks all.

Thanks for building my confidence with the 45's and the 90's, and I do have a D5 pump. I'm feeling better and better about this build.

"I'd rather have a mind open to wonder than one closed by beliefs." (Sartre)

I've got the Swiftech MCP655 and a majority of my fittings are Bitspower rotary 45/90's. Handles them just fine. As long as you have an adequate pump and you're not using highly restrictive blocks in combination with multiple 90's you'll be fine.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/ <<<great resource for researching components.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |