4.0.4 ICS: Still used?

vt3c

4.4.4 kitkat hates my Galaxy Note. Multitudes of lag on a monumental level. 448MB of RAM used at startup, even with all apps closed and animations disabled... bleh.  

Can 4.0.4 still run most modern apps? (e.g youtube, google docs, some games) because jellybean runs like ass on my phone, and I'd like to see if ICS is an improvement.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

^^ also 500 mb is normal

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

^^ also 500 mb is normal

But apps randomly close and it's horribly laggy. Phone only has 1GB of RAM.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

4.4.4 kitkat hates my Galaxy Note. Multitudes of lag on a monumental level. 448MB of RAM used at startup, even with all apps closed and animations disabled... bleh.  

Can 4.0.4 still run most modern apps? (e.g youtube, google docs, some games) because jellybean runs like ass on my phone, and I'd like to see if ICS is an improvement.

Remember to follow your threads...

It's Samsung and TouchWiz, what did you expect... 

Let's compare Moto/Xperia/Sense UI with TouchWiz... TouchWiz is heavier than all 3 together... Imagine yourself lifting 2Kg (Moto/Xperia/Sense UI) and lifting 20Kg's (TouchWiz)....

Just root it and install CM 11, and update to 12 when it comes out :D

Also, i'm using Xperia M2, which also has 1Gb of RAM, running 4.4.2 KitKat, and it's Xperia UI is very fluent :D I very rarely get any lags, and my phone is a mid-ranger :D

Let's compare Moto/Xperia/Sense UI with TouchWiz... TouchWiz is heavier than all 3 together... Imagine you lifting 2Kg (Moto/Xperia/Sense UI) and lifting 20Kg's (TouchWiz)....

CM11 is only in nightly right now and 10.3 crashed hundreds of times when I was running it, but I'll sure give it a shot. 

Let's compare Moto/Xperia/Sense UI with TouchWiz... TouchWiz is heavier than all 3 together... Imagine yourself lifting 2Kg (Moto/Xperia/Sense UI) and lifting 20Kg's (TouchWiz)....

Also, i'm using Xperia M2, which also has 1Gb of RAM, running 4.4.2 KitKat, and it's Xperia UI is very fluent :D I very rarely get any lags, and my phone is a mid-ranger :D

I'm using a custom ROM currently, LiquidSmooth V3.1 based on 4.4.4 KitKat. So far, there's so much lag I can't even listen to music without it chopping. No apps are running other than apollo.

I'm using a custom ROM currently, LiquidSmooth V3.1 based on 4.4.4 KitKat. So far, there's so much lag I can't even listen to music without it chopping. No apps are running other than apollo.

Try ROM's from this list: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847786

I know when i was playing with my Galaxy Ace s5830, i used a similar list and went and installed a shitload of ROM's until i found the one that was the best for me, until i broke it....

EDIT: i suggest: CM 11 (again to see if it works), OmniRom, ParanoidAndroid 4+ :D

But apps randomly close and it's horribly laggy. Phone only has 1GB of RAM.

just get cyanogenmod or slim rom

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Try ROM's from this list: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847786

I know when i was playing with my Galaxy Ace s5830, i used a similar list and went and installed a shitload of ROM's until i found the one that was the best for me, until i broke it....

EDIT: i suggest: CM 11 (again to see if it works), OmniRom, ParanoidAndroid 4+ :D

Did CM10.1.3 (which I had before and had a multitude of issues) and I'm having an issue where the keyboard app is closing/opening and popping up warnings every second and closing themselves. 

Did CM10.1.3 (which I had before and had a multitude of issues) and I'm having an issue where the keyboard app is closing/opening and popping up warnings every second and closing themselves. 

Then go with a different ROM... 

Like i said, try multiple ROM's and see which one is the best :D

It's not TouchWiz lol

I believe the last version of TouchWiz on the Note 1 was ICS, which actually ran really well since it was before the butt-ton that is Nature UX existed

"Rawr XD"